Java Compiler

P

PseudoKiller

Surrently I am using JGrasp.. it suxs and it very buggy. I was wondering if anyone knows of another Java compiler that I can use. I heard Sun has one but I have been through their documentation and I couldnt find it.
Any help would be appreciated.

Didn't SUN develop JAVA in the first place? All you need is the j2se sdk instead of the jre.

AFAIK, Sun's Java compiler (included in the J2SE SDK) is command-line based (you compile using "java -c filename" if I remember correctly).
If you already use another text editor to write your code and all you need is a compiler, that would probably be your best bet.

I assumed PK was looking for a complete IDE similar to JGrasp, which is why I suggested BlueJ.

you use the command line and type "javac Filename.java"
better thing is to download the j2se sdk and install that, then go download JCreator LE from Xinox Software
Then you can just tell that to compile and then run your code

btw I found JCreator better than say BlueJ cause it was written in C++ and therefore runs faster and doesnt look like its been set on fire and put out with a shovel which most Java GUI apps tend to look like in Windows

I use sun j2se sdk with TextPad. Or Jbuilder is fun :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back