Japanese develop 'female' android

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political Access
_41348135_rep_getty_203.jpg

Japanese scientists have unveiled the most human-looking robot yet devised - a "female" android called Repliee Q1.

She has flexible silicone for skin rather than hard plastic, and a number of sensors and motors to allow her to turn and react in a human-like manner.

She can flutter her eyelids and move her hands like a human. She even appears to breathe.

Professor Hiroshi Ishiguro of Osaka University says one day robots could fool us into believing they are human.

Repliee Q1 is not like any robot you will have seen before, at least outside of science-fiction movies.

She is designed to look human and although she can only sit at present, she has 31 actuators in her upper body, powered by a nearby air compressor, programmed to allow her to move like a human.

Full Story

Creepy! :eek:

I was reading about this earlier at work, its just frickin creepy!

"Repliee Q1 can interact with people. It can respond to people touching it. It's very satisfying, although we obviously have a long way to go yet."

Now that is creepy. And yet perverted at the same time. :eek: :p

[edit]
Professor Ishiguro believes that it may prove possible to build an android that could pass for a human, if only for a brief period.

"An android could get away with it for a short time, 5-10 seconds. However, if we carefully select the situation, we could extend that, to perhaps 10 minutes," he said.

Now that's just enough time for the perverted horny geek. :p

*runs*

If your player won't play it, change the extension to .mpeg. I had to change the extension to get around the board not letting mpeg through.

This video makes it no less disturbing. A promising future for androids, yes, but disturbing at the moment.

autoeroti....err, uhm animatronic

yeah that's it.

hah hah, jurassic park. heh heh, that dumb shiit attorney. :p

I'd like to see this thing with deep blue installed sitting at a chess tournament.

I'd put her in a wheel chair so she wouldn't have to walk and I'd program her a scripted dialogue to help feed the situation

I bet she''d fool people for more then ten minutes, she'd win the tournament too

Last edited:
The Japanese and their fetishes. I'm not surprised. lol. Nothing against Japanese ... some of my best friends were Japanese throughout high school when I went to an International School.

I was reading some news website poll about what you would want a robot most for. "Housekeeping" ran away with 69% of the vote. I wonder how well it housekeeping would have done if they had included "tactile stimulation"...

I had a sammich in my head!

Sammich and tea... now we're talking.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back