James Bond 007 Nightfire

R

Rebs

Has any 1 played this game already? I wonder if it's good or otherwise. Read the review and I wonder if it's worth buying.

Just picked up 007: Night Fire today.
All I can say is "DAMN!"

To put you all at ease, this is nothing like the demo what so ever. It plays like silk on my system with all detail maxed out.
And I must say, what details :eek:
Crisp texture design, vibrant colors, awesome models... the list goes on.
"Q" hasn't let you down either! Tons of sweet toys to play with like a cell-phone grappling hook, multi-spectrum sun glasses, even the traditional laser watch :D

I think the problem with the demo was poor "VIS"ing.

When a map is compiled, part of that process is VISing. What that does is calculate everything and anything visable from every possable viewing angle. What it does with this information is adjust what the game will show at any given moment from your point of view.

Poor VISing will keep alot of the map loaded into graphic memory (even if you can't actualy see it), this causes MAGOR FPS problems.

Good VISing will not load what you can't see into graphic memory, untill you can acualy see it. This give you the best possable FPS at any given time.

Posted by Joseph
Just picked up 007: Night Fire today.
All I can say is "DAMN!"

To put you all at ease, this is nothing like the demo what so ever. It plays like silk on my system with all detail maxed out.
And I must say, what details :eek:
Crisp texture design, vibrant colors, awesome models... the list goes on.
"Q" hasn't let you down either! Tons of sweet toys to play with like a cell-phone grappling hook, multi-spectrum sun glasses, even the traditional laser watch :D

I think the problem with the demo was poor "VIS"ing.

When a map is compiled, part of that process is VISing. What that does is calculate everything and anything visable from every possable viewing angle. What it does with this information is adjust what the game will show at any given moment from your point of view.

Poor VISing will keep alot of the map loaded into graphic memory (even if you can't actualy see it), this causes MAGOR FPS problems.

Good VISing will not load what you can't see into graphic memory, untill you can acualy see it. This give you the best possable FPS at any given time.

your sound looks good, I watched some movies about it 007 was shooting from a helicopter I liked that , but my damn luck I bought The Thing and it's really suck wasted my money for nothing. you can't change the gamma resollution in the game and the camera angles yuuuuuuuuk :mad:

Posted by Octopus
your sound looks good, I watched some movies about it 007 was shooting from a helicopter I liked that , but my damn luck I bought The Thing and it's really suck wasted my money for nothing. you can't change the gamma resollution in the game and the camera angles yuuuuuuuuk :mad:

Bond does look nice, but it's only been getting moderate reviews from what I've seen, around the 60% mark, which doesn't bode well. Its all fine n dandy a game looking the business, but if the gameplay blows then whats the point ? Disappointing, as I was hoping for something special with a Bond game on PC.

As for the Thing, you can change the resolutions in the options, cos I have it running at 1600 x 1200 :)
If I remember rightly you have to be quick when changing it, otherwise it just wont change at all, which is very poor admittedly :(

Posted by avsdotcom
Bond does look nice, but it's only been getting moderate reviews from what I've seen, around the 60% mark, which doesn't bode well. Its all fine n dandy a game looking the business, but if the gameplay blows then whats the point ? Disappointing, as I was hoping for something special with a Bond game on PC.

As for the Thing, you can change the resolutions in the options, cos I have it running at 1600 x 1200 :)
If I remember rightly you have to be quick when changing it, otherwise it just wont change at all, which is very poor admittedly :(

you can change the screen res. but the gamma res connot be changed. Gamma res. is the color depth i.e how dark you want it to be. I can't soften it.

sorry, my bad. My eyes must be getting worse - I read 'game resolution' instead of gamma resolution :eek:

it looks great on gamecube and by the way the plot and missions are diff from the pc version and the xbox/gamecube/ps2 version which is weird!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back