I've lost My abilty to alt + Ctrl + Del and get to task manager

XpGuy1

Mindless Poster
I can not get into task manager when i do alt,ctrl,del i get the little icon in the tray but when i goto click it it dissappears and i can't get it to open to do anything.. anyone have any ideas?/

Strange problem, never had that happen to me, though in the world of windows new and innovating problems are being experienced on a daily basis. Stupid question coming: "Have you tried rebooting your system?" That seems to be the default fix for almost any windows problem :D

this is common behavior with many viruses, do you have an updated antivirus running as well as all windows updates?

I use.. Anti Vir personal edition... I don't have service pk 2 loaded on my pc as of now but all other updates have been installed..

Yeah i did reboot.. but that doesn't help....

I had the same prob w/ a work computer. I think you might need to check your settings in "program access and defaults" I assume you have admin priv.s?

I'm sure this has probably already been tryed but try right clicking your task bar? Sounds viral to me though. frogg_mann

Signed in as administrator? This could be it. I'm not sure if that function is disabled while using a guest account. Worth looking into though. frogg_mann

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back