iTunes skipping (mp3/cd/int radio)

dubstar

format c:
Friend's mom is having trouble, she's throwing money at a problem because she doesn't really know what else to do.

Purchased:
- new speakers, but didn't solve it (sales person tricked her)

I've tried:
- increasing the buffer size from med to large.
- reinstalling (without deleting first - in fear my library will become lost)
- setting it to " 'SafeMode' waveOnly Out"
- 24bit to 16bit

Questions:

- Can i uninstall iTunes, run a cleaner program to get rid of everything related (+ other misc files) then reinstall and enjoy my library? or will i have problems?

- Anything you guys see that I didn't?

what OS is she running? What are the specs on the computer?

You can uninstall/reinstall iTunes without problems. Just make sure you backup the library music files and the xml files associated with the library. If you have purchased music through iTunes, you may want to unauthorize the computer first depending on how many pc's you have authorized under that account

Is she using Windows Vista? Itunes has been rubbish on Vista since the latest update, and everytime I do anything CPU intense it skips etc. Latest version of Quicktime seems to have improved things a bit though...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back