News iTunes Ping Surpasses 1 Millions Users

The new social networking feature of iTunes, called iTunes Ping, has amassed over one million users within the first two days of launch.

This large number of Ping users represents about a third of all the users who have downloaded iTunes 10, though this is only a small fraction of iTunes users so far.

One-third of the people who have downloaded iTunes 10 have joined Ping,“ said Eddy Cue, Apple’s vice president of Internet Services. “As many more people download iTunes 10 in the coming weeks, we expect the Ping community to continue growing.“

iTunes 10 and Ping have had a bit of a rocky start, in some ways mirroring the mixed reception the iPhone 4G had due to reception problems and other technical issues. There has already been a backlash on the web about the the iTunes logo, which now has a spoof Twitter account to defend itself against criticism, and Ping itself has also come into criticism for unleashing a torrent of spam upon release.

Still, a million new users in two days isn't bad going and if Apple can press on with further improvements, Ping could end up being another successful addition to the Apple family.

Source: Apple Press Release

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back