iTunes importing

X-Istence

Political Access
Heya

I would like to add my 12 GB's of music to Itunes play list, but i would prefer it not to import and download it all to my laptop as then my laptop is full, with no other space left.

How can i tell it to just add them and add a pointer to the mounted smb drive?

If there is no way, can anyone offer a good app for Mac OS X that can do that what i want?

You can use a shared mount, just make sure that the following option is unticked in iTunes:

untickthis.jpg

Found in Preferences->Advanced

Alternatively if the host machine is running Windows or MacOS you can open iTunes on both and just stream the music across the network (make sure the music host machine is set to share music and the laptop to look/search for music, these options are in the iTunes preferences under sharing) this is what I do, works great :)

Just un-tick the option, then add the files to your library then.

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back