iTunes for Windows

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
It's here :D
I love it! With nullsoft starting to charge for features of Winamp, I think that this will quickly become a new favourite of many people.

Info and download link are on the front page: Link

yeah . looks like WMP to me also, does it use WMP to play ???

Looks useful...but to use this software you dont have to buy their songs do you? It can be used as a music management 'thing' cant it?

It's just a player, and no, it doesn't use WMP to play.

The main reason for it being ported was that you need it to access Apples (until today) mac only iTunes music store, which allows you to buy then download music. Before that it had just always been the macs default mp3 player.
Well now we get to play too :D

Looks pretty good to me, but if only it did the minimize thingy which looks cool :)

This......

attachment.php

....... or something else?

btw, I also forgot to mention that it's also been ported to allow windows pc's to interact better with iPods :)

It just looks like the regular iTunes but with a Windows titlebar style guideline matching titlebar

i think it looks kinda fugly.

ill stick with Winamp5 for now.

Originally posted by ViperSnake
It just looks like the regular iTunes but with a Windows titlebar style guideline matching titlebar
Thanks for that Mr Obvious. Perhaps it looks like that BECAUSE IT IS ITUNES! moron.

Originally posted by Bronx Bomber
i think it looks kinda fugly.

ill stick with Winamp5 for now.
I think it looks fine, plus it does the things which wa5 will now charge for. :)

Oh that. Yeah, that's an OS X thing rather than an app thing though, I'm sure you can acheive that effect with one of the stardock products (and possibly some other free alternatives)

Originally posted by Unleashed
On Macs when you minimize something, it sort of shrivels up as it drops.

Ah, you mean the Genie effect. That's actually part of OS X and not iTunes. You can't accomplish the same effect in Windows without the use of third-party software like Stardock's WindowFX.

Originally posted by SPeedY_B
Thanks for that Mr Obvious. Perhaps it looks like that BECAUSE IT IS ITUNES! moron.

Hahaha :p

No stop button. That's always been my pet-peeve of iTunes.

It doesn't need one.
Pausing stops active de-coding/streaming of a file therefore it's using no more resources than if it was in a stopped state :)

yeah, but it doesn't reset to the beginning of the track like a stop button does.

I know I'm being picky. I just find it strange.

Ok, just downloaded and installed...and I have to say, I'm very impressed. :)
I've been comparing sound quality between WMP9 with the DFX plugin enabled, and iTunes with the built-in Sound Enhancer turned on, and the sound quality is the same, if not better, in iTunes, even though it isn't using any external plugins.
It's also nice to see the built-in mp3, AAC, WAV and AIFF encoders.
I think I'm going to finally switch over from WMP9.

If I find some music I like on there, I will check it out.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back