Itunes Art Problem

N

Not Bman

I have all my music organized, and now I'm getting the album art for it.

When this happens...

I made sure all the details are exactly the same, and yet it still does this. Along with many others...WTF is going on??? fix ??

Last edited by a moderator:
I have had that happen before. Look at the info you have for the song in question and it will be a space thing after or before one of the entries. Meaning a space like the space between two words, that kind of space. It is something that is overlook sometimes. Also the song number info, if you list in the info as song number 1 but all the other songs are listed as song number 2, 3, 4, 5, etc... but of 11 songs (song 1 of 11, song 2 of 11, song 3 of 11, get it?) then that one song number 1 will be listed separate from the other songs. Or just re-enter the info manually, don't copy and paste. That's how some errors are transfered over and you think you did nothing wrong. Trust me I have done this a ton of times, drives me batty.

Last edited:
I don't get what you mean, I selected them all, and made sure they are all the same, with the checkmark.

Even if there was a mistake, they would all be the same...

What I do is select all the files and mass edit the tags ... that way you get the same tags amongst all files.

Yes the album tags and even the cd number and artwork would be the same. But if let's say that song 1 is:

Title: We all that

Album: What We Be[space]

(the space is because you accidentally hit the space bar. Get it?)

and song 2 is:

Title: You ain't all that

Album: What We Be

No accidental space after the album title on song 2 and all the other songs in the album.

See iTunes will see the album titles as 2 different albums.

You can't see the space unless you highlight the info with your cursor.

If you type something and you end it normally there is no space at the end it just ends, be it a word or sentence. But if you hit the space bar (by accident) and place a space at the end of the sentence or after a word it is included in iTunes and for a title of a song or album it (iTunes) will see it as a different song/album and not part of the album it is supposed to belong to.

If you were to look at each line (copy/paste) in say MS Word or Open Office you would see the formatting and the accidental spaces.

This problem you are having has nothing to do with the Album Art. It has to do with the way the ID tag was typed. And since you are doing the Mass copy paste thing you are missing certain parts of the info in the tag that has to do with the individual song(s). You have to type it manually to get it right. I had one song from an album that drove me nuts for almost 20 mins. before I found the fuk up. It can be so subtle that you can't see it without a bunch of re-typing. And some are sooo obvious that you couldn't miss it even if you were blind.

It will more than likely have to do with the album, the title the disk number or something like that. If you re-type each songs ID tag for the album info you should get it fixed. When you edit out the box with the info typed into it blank it out completely. Hit that backspace button a few times to be sure that you get every thing and any spaces that could be there screwing it up. Then type the album info into the box and go to the next one. Only way to be sure.

Last edited:
I just went through it all, and there are no spaces, no nothing different.

What else could it be?

Take a screen capture of the ID tag info for song No.1 and song No.2 and song No.3. All separate so I can look at them individually.

Or zip all the songs into a Zip file and upload them and I'll look them over. I can load them into my iTunes and see if it does it for me. That might be the best way to figure it out.

Or load them one song at a time if the file is too big for the forum limits on file uploads. Or PM me and we'll do it another way.

I've got that problem with one song and I just can't get it to do what I want. No matter how many times I checked I can't figure out what's wrong. Even hubby can't find it. In the end I've removed it cause it drove me mad :mad: :laugh:

Take a screen capture of the ID tag info for song No.1 and song No.2 and song No.3. All separate so I can look at them individually.

Or zip all the songs into a Zip file and upload them and I'll look them over. I can load them into my iTunes and see if it does it for me. That might be the best way to figure it out.

Or load them one song at a time if the file is too big for the forum limits on file uploads. Or PM me and we'll do it another way.

I just found it easier to send you the music.

PMing you....

also posted it here

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/6/2/1137563/Blessthefall - Higinia.zip

Last edited by a moderator:
check the 'album artist' tag track by track. i just had the same issue. i tried editing the tags all as one but it wasn't working so i looked at one track and noticed the 'album artist' tag was different in each and that could only be viewed track by track.

Nope, I fixed it! Got all 3 songs to list under one album listing. :) Was in the "comments" box of the first song (song No.1). Sorry I can't tell ya what it was, trade secrets and all you know. :p You can get some nasty things when you copy/paste. And many time they are invisible. Weeeeeeeee :D

[edit]
O.K. just so ya know in iTunes the id tag used is ID3v2 in Winamp you can see both ID3v1 and ID3v2. If I am correct in how iTunes works the ID3v2 tag overrides the v1 tag (but then I think the v2 tag is the primary one used anyway) and so what you see when you right click a song and click info you get v2 tag info. So if you want to see everything you need an ID tag editor or something. That's why I will always use Winamp to check song's ID tag before I upload into iTunes. Yes it can be a hassle sometimes but the headaches I avoid it's well worth it. So Bman if you open the song in iTunes and look at the info of the song the "comments" box is gonna be empty. But if you open it in Winamp you will see 2 tabs. One for ID3v1 and v2. Don't mess with any of them!. :lick:

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back