News iTunes 10 is Here - Goodbye CD Logo, Hello Ping!

Apple has announced the arrival of iTunes 10, and with it the removal of the 'CD' logo and the addition of Ping, a "new music-oriented social network".

The new Ping service will allow users to follow artists and friends in a similar manner to Twitter, though instead of sharing 140-word 'Tweets', users can share thoughts on music, information about what you're listening to or downloading, lists of your favourite albums or songs, as well as view concert listings and share which ones you plan to go to.

"iTunes is the number one music community in the world, with over 160 million iTunes users in 23 countries, and now we're adding social networking with Ping," said Steve Jobs, Apple's CEO. "With Ping you can follow your favorite artists and friends and join a worldwide conversation with music's most passionate fans."

iTunes 10 is available for free at the official iTunes website.

Source: Press Release

Looks good, and works pretty fast ^^
Haven't tried Ping cos I don't have an iTunes account yet

Looks good, and works pretty fast ^^
Haven't tried Ping cos I don't have an iTunes account yet

Read an article about the out of control SPAM already on Ping (worst name Apple has used in a long time) and it said the SPAM was due to not needing an ID. I would assume this means you don't need an account.

Actually it asks for an iTunes account or an AOL one ^^ maybe the spammers are using that one? hehe... orr, maybe they added this req after the whole spam thing.
Agree the name sucks tho xD

Read an article about the out of control SPAM already on Ping (worst name Apple has used in a long time) and it said the SPAM was due to not needing an ID. I would assume this means you don't need an account.

They forgot to put the 'i' before the 'Ping'? Outrageous!!, Steve Jobs needs to fire them.. LOL :laugh:

P
It's a great news. Since most of the people loves social networking and I guess they need to create a new logo for it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back