its time for new graphic card! cheap one!

#1
hey does it matter which company makes a graphic card? b/ci want to get a chaintech or gainward ti4200. they aren't the most known but i think they are ok, right?
 

Alex_is_Axel

.:: FTPAlex ::.
#4
if you would like to get a new graphics card cheap.. why dont you wait for the GeforceFX series to come out? Some versions of the series are lower than $100 (as quoted in the nvidia conference)
 

Alex_is_Axel

.:: FTPAlex ::.
#8
for some senseing feeling.. i think some of the GeforceFX series will be cheaper than the Geforce4Ti .. i dunno why thos coz even the cheapest GeforceFX is about 30% better than the Geforce4ti4600

Ill let you decide :D
 

LeeJend

OSNN Veteran Addict
#9
Chaintech is not a very good name. Gainward is supposed to be good but my ge3-ti200 just died after only 15 months and i never pushed it beyond the default settings so I'm really down on gainward now. A friend had a pny ge4 that died after 2 months.

If you want reliable avoid "golden samples" or overclocked cards, whatever the brand. And go with one of the low end versions of a chipset they aren't pushed as hard for the amount of cooling provided.

WARNING watch out for all the "newer" cards that do not have DX9 hardware support like the whole ge4 series and the ati 9000!

As mentioned above if cost is a driver wait for the benchamrkson the new GE FX5200. Its going to run about $79.
 

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
#10
Originally posted by LeeJend
Chaintech is not a very good name. Gainward is supposed to be good but my ge3-ti200 just died after only 15 months and i never pushed it beyond the default settings so I'm really down on gainward now. A friend had a pny ge4 that died after 2 months.

If you want reliable avoid "golden samples" or overclocked cards, whatever the brand. And go with one of the low end versions of a chipset they aren't pushed as hard for the amount of cooling provided.

WARNING watch out for all the "newer" cards that do not have DX9 hardware support like the whole ge4 series and the ati 9000!

As mentioned above if cost is a driver wait for the benchamrkson the new GE FX5200. Its going to run about $79.
lol :)

well let me just put a couple of things straight here...

the golden samples are GOOD... they are supposedly hand-picked and have nice packages (with lots of add-ons) which make them worthwhile...

concerning dx9 ? well the new gf FX series of cards is not entirely dx9 compliant either (ie able to do dx9 stuff in hardware) there are some thing done in software that make it slower in those situations...

however... there are not likely to be any games out there that run dx9 instruction sets for a while therefore there is no harm in buying a gf4 ti series of cards... they are quite good...

however if one is looking for decent performance along the levels of a gf4ti 4200 or so... the 4200 itself is likely to be one of the better choices or for a few dollars more... the 9500pro (NOT the non-pro)..
 

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
#11
Originally posted by Alex_is_Axel
for some senseing feeling.. i think some of the GeforceFX series will be cheaper than the Geforce4Ti .. i dunno why thos coz even the cheapest GeforceFX is about 30% better than the Geforce4ti4600

Ill let you decide :D
here also is a little mis-information :)

the NEW gf FX series of cards may have a higher product numver (ie nv31 and nv34) but they are low end cards... :)

the 2 parts I have mentioned struggle to keep up with the current gf4ti series of cards product except in AA and FSAA enabled scenes... and there they get whooped by the 9500pro...

read this review for more information...

http://anandtech.com/video/showdoc.html?i=1797

hopefully this review will give a better idea of the product and its performance in relation to products on the market... such as the gf4ti 4200 et al..
 

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
#15
Originally posted by Geffy
Radeon 9700 Pro as soon as the 9800s come out, they will be cheaper and they are dx9 cards
his price range is different :)

obviously...
 

LeeJend

OSNN Veteran Addict
#16
If the golden samples are so good why did my gainward ge3-ti200 die 15 months after i bought it. Conveniently right after the warantee ran out. My system temp is only 35 deg F and the cooler fan was running fine and I left it at the Gainward default speeds.

Like I said before.

Never buy a factory overclocked chip you are assuming the responsibility for it. If they decide to extend the warantees on golden samples out to 3-5 years maybe its worth it .
 

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
#17
Originally posted by LeeJend
If the golden samples are so good why did my gainward ge3-ti200 die 15 months after i bought it. Conveniently right after the warantee ran out. My system temp is only 35 deg F and the cooler fan was running fine and I left it at the Gainward default speeds.

Like I said before.

Never buy a factory overclocked chip you are assuming the responsibility for it. If they decide to extend the warantees on golden samples out to 3-5 years maybe its worth it .
I thought almost all video cards come with a lifetime guarantee ?

/me pets his lubly jubly lifetime warranty covered video card...
 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
61,971
Messages
673,299
Members
89,016
Latest member
Poseeut