It's official: 'Futurama' is reborn!

gonaads

Beware the G-Man
Political Access
Six years after getting axed by Fox, Futurama is being resurrected on Comedy Central.

A spokesperson for 20th Century Fox Television confirms that the cable net has ordered 26 new episodes of Matt Groening and David X. Cohen's late, great animated series to air beginning in 2010. The studio cites Futurama's "blockbuster" performance on DVD and in reruns on Comedy Central as the reason for its rebirth.

YES!!! Woo Hoo!!! :D

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/06/its-official-futurama-returns.html?cnn=yes

yeah, this was only announced last night - apparently di magio and west aren't quite back yet, but everyone else is.

Without the original cast and having so much time off ... not 100% that is great for the series. :( I wish for once great shows like this (and Firefly) would go to another network that might actually SHOW them (and in case of Firefly in the correct order).

just shows the actors don't care about the show like they say they do, all they want is money **** everyone else

my point was if they cared about the show like they claim they wouldn't have been money grabbing bastards :)

my point was if they cared about the show like they claim they wouldn't have been money grabbing bastards :)

I think they totally should be, FOX is VERY well known for just up and canceling a great show for now reason other then they decided to either not run the show at the correct time/date or to run it out of order (ie. FireFly). Not knowing how long you got before FOX destroys you again you have to get as much $ up front as possible.

Oh and I know they are on Comedy Central now, but I'm sure FOX still owns part of the show (ie. FireFly).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back