Information iSpy

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political Access
Here is a cool new feature I am currently playing with called iSpy, it uses Ajax to constantly update the list of most recent posts.

Perhaps it could be modified a little and stuck in the header eh?
I am sure there is much that can be done with this, but for now enjoy!

http://forum.osnn.net/vaispy.php

That is neat. I like the fade effect at the bottom.

EDIT: It updates quickly too.

Here is a cool new feature I am currently playing with called iSpy, it uses Ajax to constantly update the list of most recent posts.

Perhaps it could be modified a little and stuck in the header eh?
I am sure there is much that can be done with this, but for now enjoy!

http://forum.osnn.net/vaispy.php
don't we have a recent list of posts in the headder on the right?

now on the other hand a link with the users recent post is an idea that only exists in the cp

don't we have a recent list of posts in the headder on the right?

now on the other hand a link with the users recent post is an idea that only exists in the cp

yes, but it doesn't update live.. requires a refresh of the page.

I like the effect of the iSpy.. shiny:)

edit: it would be cooler if to removed deleted posts live

edit2: or noted recently edited posts..

Last edited:
I think it is slowing down the site.

i think it's slowing down my brain..

Very nice. If it were incorporated into the header, I think a slower refresh would be needed to save on resources :)

This is sweet. Quite handy to see the latest posts, rather than just the recently updated threads. :)

so um... what happened to "new posts" search? Was there really only one thread responded to in 2 hours?

hmm, hopefully it doesn't effectively search like that so it doesn't break the function.

Anyway, this is an addon it hasn't changed anything that was already there.

hmm, hopefully it doesn't effectively search like that so it doesn't break the function.

Anyway, this is an addon it hasn't changed anything that was already there.
how about that add on hooked up to the recent post thingy top right instead of a seperate page?...that would make refresh less anoying

i installed this on my forum, it does slow it down a bit but the SQL server we use is utter pants (1&1 internet hostings limited connections)

i do like the features, and it polls as default every 7 seconds, im thinking about taking this up to 30 same as who's online as 7 seconds is overkill imho for my small board.

there is a add on to run it in vbCPMS (i think thats what your using EP?) but it would need modding for this template as they suggest using the wide center colum for it.

the only downside to me is the heavy use of the AJAX system loading the limited SQL, moving hosts soon as i figure out how to get a complete database dump..

EP is good at doing complete datebase dumps ;) :eek:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back