ISP Monitoring

N

Nightbreeder

CAn an ISP monitor what you are downloading if it is through a P2P app such as Direct Connect (www.neo-modus.com)
Can they check to see what names of files, sizes etc or do they just see a connection to the hub?
Interesting as I have heard most ISP's are now going to pass on data to police for copyright thefts etc

My ISP is blueyonder
I spoke to them and they said certain things are passed directly through to the police - does this mean the police have installed a black box (filter) that forwards your IP, date etc if a certain keyword is looked/used.

Cheers

there are ways they can.... unless u are doing anything horrible they wont pass it on the the poliece, mabey at the most they will disconnect your service for good.

yes it is possible, more of a pain to do it, but if they want they can.
they can see what IP and DNS address yoru connecting to,.. and therefor see what your doing

So they'll know Ive been looking at the Beast section on free6.com??

It was an accident officer, honest!

PS: Those websites are American. I doubt they'll affect us (UK).

For Now
Tony Blair & Bill Gates making deals its only a matter of time
:-(

it was for music sharing
there's a big thing about it at the moment
I wanted to know if they could see what albums I'm downloading etc

Nightbreeder hah! anyone remember NightBreed the movie? LOL classic.

Yep, Nightbreeder from a place called Midian.

Peloquin was there too

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back