Is XP vulnerable when logon screen is up??

P

Phantom_24

Just had a dumb thought and wanted to ask this question. When a computer is booted up and/or someone logs out to the logon screen in XP, can the machine still be spotted by hackers?! Or are the necessary networking drivers unloaded from the OS??

lol u people are so funny, what is so important can be on your computer that u'd be afraid of hackers? cuz if i real hacker wants to get into your computer firewalls and other **** wont stop him. and lame wanabies wont be able to do anything unless u setup some trojan server on your own.
and to answer your question, if u just booted up and didnt log in yet , your computer is not connected to internet so noone can see you online. if u just hit "win+L" then everything is still loaded and you are connected to internet and all. but when u go to start>log off> log off . then everything supposed to unload.

when your PC is up on cable or DSL and connection that will not shut off and ur computer is on ur very hackable, if u dont want be hacked, stayy of the internet!!!!

w0lv3rin3, you are going to put the fear of god in him, so far as I know the net drivers arent loaded. If you press Win+L then as long as your firewall is working then you are protected

If the computer is to the welcome screen the network drivers are loaded. You are vulnerable. The questin is do you really have anything to be worried about? If it is a true hacker and not a script kiddie then there is not a whole lot you can do. Any computer connected to the internet is at risk. Should you freak out and not get online? No, what does soemone have to gain by hacking your computer?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back