Is WMP 9 Worth It?

Does this version of WMP burn mp3s to cd like the old one did? Any improvement in this area?

Teddy, im sorry if this sounds like a stupid question but im just checking (plz dont take offence).. but do you have WMP running?.. When you open WMP as normal... it will come up in full mode or skin mode or whatever and then when you minamize it.. select the toolbar thing again by right clicking taskbar.. and it should come up and will move into taskbar mode

QuantumGate - I VERY VERY much doubt this is the case at all.

Your are paranoid my friend. I sugest you dont believe all that you read on these anit-ms websites. Someone will post anything to put people off (knowing full well that people cant be bothered to read the EULA themselves).

You would be 1 of 100 million people who have it (probably more)....do you really think MS and the RIAA have the resources (people/£££s!) to go out and look for people who they 'suspect' have dodgy music and movies on their PCs!?

Download it. Enjoy it.

TRUST NO ONE!! Mwaahahaha!

Alex_is_Axel:

No offense taken matey.
See the attached over my next two posts:

I love it, the task bar feature is the best. A few days after downloading I sent winamp away. I just like it so much more. I used to think that winamps sound was MUCH better but WMP9 is just as good if not better.

Big improvements in loading time ... nice UI (especially the taskbar docking), and some good sound quality as well. Its better than WMP8 for sure ... so you might as well update.

Not getting rid of Winamp 2.81 as yet though ;)

Cheers!
NetRyder :cool:

I noticed only one glitch in it. When watching multiple Music videos not from a playlist it keeps them at either 100% or 200% even if you have checked resize on play and fit to screen. But if you uncheck it and recheck them then it resize it to fit the screen correctly.

Thanx for lettin us know jvjb1983.. mostly appreciated:happy:

I one the other hand havent spotted any glitches apart from when i start a song.. 3 seconds into it, it slows down slightly but still plays at the normal speed but its quite anoying and its aparently my sound card too :( .. but someone with SB Live! 5.1 soundcard has had the same problem too.. so i dunno :huh:

I dont like the docking thing, i think it looks hideously out of place. on virtually all themes.

A bug i've spotted is when using the open dialog (CTRL+O) then selecting a folder full of wma files, it only enques the first one...

As for keeping Winamp 2.81, I recently formatted/re-installed, so i've only got WMP9 installed now, no winamp.. aint doin no harm :)

B~B, whats so unbeleivably wrong with .wma files? I haven't tried to rip anything with WMP9 yet, I should imagine Microsoft will release something to allow mp3 ripping tho, as they seem to be treating mp3 and WMA equally in the new Plus! DME pack.

Nothing wrong with .wma files.

It's just that I don't currently have a program to burn mp3s to cd in wav format. Wanted to know if this is decent app for doing that or if I should get nero.

Thanks.

f22.jpg

Try musicmatch it works for me

Originally posted by SPeedY_B
I dont like the docking thing, i think it looks hideously out of place. on virtually all themes.

the docking is a toolbar that you can dissable by rightclicking on the taskbar,>toolbars>mediaplayer

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back