Is windows update working for anyone!?!

S

Spanko

i just installed xp on my new 10k rpm Western Digital Raptor and when i go to windows update it says there are NO updates found for my computer. And the first page says windows update error...

How about a screenshot. Have you recently reinstalled Internet Explorer? Is this at work or at home? The reason I ask is because I do the creation of the IEAK packages here where I work, and when I created the last one I disabled users from using Windows Update. We use SMS to automatically distribute any hotfixes so the need at the client level was unneeded.

try bigfix

http://www.bigfix.com/website/

IMHO much better than using Win Update

all the updates are downloaded & stored to the bigfix directory before installation
C:\Program Files\BigFix\__Data\Fixlet Central\__Local\Get

unlike Win Update were you have to use the catologue to save downloaded updates

when its working that is

:p :cool: :rolleyes:

its working now, i know for a fact it wasnt working earlier, a couple of my friends had the same problem and it happened when it tried to install win2k too. Anyway im up and running on xp, and this 10krpm WD is so fast i dont get to see the boot screen :D

It's been flakey lately (i.e., reporting driver updates for hardware that is not even installed on the system)...:confused:

i just did an update and it is all good for me but i am off the canadian server which is only about 2 hours drive from where i live

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back