• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

is win xp pro cd bootable?

J

jasonb

i bought the damn $500 win xp pro full version software and i juz gotta burn it so i can restore the original cd in good condition cuz i juz wasted my week salary on it....anywayz i installed the backup cd on my comp full clean install using those six floppies boot disk on ms dos....i tottally forgot about bootable cd....i was wondering if the original xp cd is bootable and same with the copied one?

GoNz0

NTFS Stoner
You can't take it back after you copied it. It's called a EULA and if you open the packet to copy it... You own it.

BTW, its bootable.

J

jasonb

GoNz0 i think i know that, it's so obvious .... i juz rather use the copied cd instead of the original so i don't get any scratches on that expensive software.

BTW, thanx i'll try to boot on the cd next time i re-install

Hipster Doofus

Good grief Charlie Brown
Ahh that's what you were saying jasonb. I was thinking how GoNzO was. All you have to do is have the cd rom to boot first in the bios. Insert the xp cd, boot up & follow the instuctions. :D

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timpage