Is Vista actually complete??

ming

OSNN Advanced
I've noticed that there isn't a Windows logo on boot up of Vista. At first, I thought it's just me, but looking at other pre-installed windows in the shops, they too are missing the windows logo on boot up.

Is it meant to be like this, or has MS completely forgot to add that part in??

It is the elite Boot up. I don't know what there deal was there? To plain. I thought they would come up with something fancy?

so did i..... but then again.... we're talking about MS here..... so anything was possible. lol

Yeah, it's plain, but for some reason it's kinda neat NOT having a boot logo. can't explain why. but if you were wondering what Vista's logo actually is, it's probably either considered to be the actual windows logo inside the blue circle, or that one design they have in most of the non-scenery wallpapers with the little swoosh.

They deliberate chose to not add a vista logo there. According to wait they said having a logo their made the boot 1-3 seconds slower, so they decided to go for performance, since once booted up there is eye-candy all over :)

They deliberate chose to not add a vista logo there. According to wait they said having a logo their made the boot 1-3 seconds slower, so they decided to go for performance, since once booted up there is eye-candy all over :)

They might as well remove the status bar at the bottom of the blank boot screen.... oh, they might as well remove the blank screen as well to save another 1-3 secs on boot time. :p

I actually thought I read it saved as much as 6 seconds in some testing.

Yeah, all of us found it rather odd after the beta program ended. We figured there would be a surprise at the end of the tunnel, but it never came. :D

I've also heard from people in the Windows division that another reason why the boot screen was left blank was because the original plan was to have a full color screen (unlike the XP one), but differences in system configurations (video card models, SLI/Crossfire or not, etc.) made it difficult for them to implement a single way to make this work on all systems. So instead, the boot screen was left blank, and we got a nicer splash screen of sorts (the one with the glowing orb) before the Welcome screen, because that's when the video card drivers are fully loaded, and the behavior becomes more predictable.

And yes, tests showed that it made the boot process faster by a few seconds, especially on older machines, so that was another reason.

my friend and i actually had a boot-off between my computer running Windows Vista Ultimate (think i might have also had dreamscene running too), and his computer running Windows 2000, with both of us pressing the power button at the same time. Now.... his computer isn't exactly a dual core, nor THAT powerful a rig, but Vista, and even XP, have a LOT more eye candy than 2000 does, and generally would be expected to take longer to boot.

My computer had Vista up, running, and usable i think just before he got to the logon screen.

Its funny, I just got my new laptop today, which has vista on it, and I didnt even notice it till I read this thread

It saves time off the boot. Why would you want some Windows logo that will just look dated in a few years anyways? The worst was Win2K.. The worst part about it is that they had to stick the text on it...

It was the first thing I noticed, and at first I thought there was something wrong with my copy. Now I know there isn't. Saving time is all good to me!

It was the first thing I noticed, and at first I thought there was something wrong with my copy. Now I know there isn't. Saving time is all good to me!

I agree, I never really cared for the XP boot anyway, all stretched out on my monitor

I think most of us leave our computers on all the time anyway.

Vista is not complete , we all know stuff was pushed aside and was promised for the first SP...

I send mine to sleep instead of turning it off most of the time anyway - how much electricity does this use?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back