Is TROJ.FLDR.UDP.20 a virus

I

i_pedal

TrendMicro just did a scan and said I have this virus in my system restore info folder. It points to a file named A0016638.exe. Is there a way I can access the system restore folder to delete this rascal?
thanks,
bill g

Go to Control Panel> System> 'System Restore' tab> Tick 'Turn off... on all drives.' Do that, reboot and then you can reactivate it.

Lonman,
Thanks for reply. I followed your suggestion and was able to search the sys restore folder but I never could find the files that PC-illin was referring to, even with unhiding all files.
Anyhow, I installed a McAfee scanner and it didn't see it. Couldn't find any reference on the Trend or McAfee sites the name Trend gave it. So who knows.
I guess if this forum gets 20 copies of this post I still ought to worry huh ;-)
thanks again,
bill g

By turning off the restore feature, I believe the system automatically deletes all those files. My suggestion was geared more to get it off your machine than in tracking it down. I'm glad to hear that it's comming up clean for you now.

I just did a search for the virus at trendmicro and this is what came back:

TROJ_FLDR.UDP.20

Risk rating: low risk
Virus type: Trojan
Destructive: No

Aliases:
FLDR.UDP.20, Flooder.Win32.UDP.20

Description:
This Trojan is written in Visual C++. It can flood any network computer or server. It does not have a destructive payload.To flood, it sends garbage data, text or file in to the target computer from a remote location.

As long as you have your virus definitions up-to-date you shouldn't have a problem with it. It looks more like a nuisance virus than a destructive one so I wouldn't worry about reformatting or anything (save that joy for the nasty ones ;) ).

Hey, thanks again for the info. I must have entered every permutation I could think of into the McAfee and Trend sites searching for info. I must have had a "." vs a "_" connecting the name.
I'm not very familiar with Trend having used McAfee for years. PC-illin came installed on that computer so I couldn't tell if it was a false positive or what.
thanks again,
bill g

2,235 posts for Lonman...now I see how he does it...2 word replies and a smily face. I'm on to you Lonman:D

Sorry, I had to....

Re: ...

Originally posted by dejav00
2,235 posts for Lonman...now I see how he does it...2 word replies and a smily face. I'm on to you Lonman:D

Sorry, I had to....
;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back