Is this true?

greentea

OSNN Addict
Is this true? Have you ever been to Japan? I have found a speed test result from speedtest.net:

Japanese Internet vs. North American Internet

Just can't believe in that.

Last edited:
They do have speeds like that in the states. It kind looked like the test from japan could be on a fiber line ..

Oh, and one more thing - That first speed is from Canada, not the USA

I used to get speeds similar to the japan one when i worked at an hosting company in london :)

I've been in NTT's london offices too. Only just missed getting a job with them..

They do have speeds like that in the states. It kind looked like the test from japan could be on a fiber line ..

Oh, and one more thing - That first speed is from Canada, not the USA

Okay, so Canada is not North America anymore? WTF? Seriously just because it has America in the name does not mean only the US is included in it. United States of America. See, America is included because it is PART OF America.

****, I hate ignorant people.

The test from Japan does not have to be on fibre either. That is 77 Megabits, approximately, which is entirely possible over coper cat5 cable.

For example, at my house with Cox cable, 20 Mbit down, 2 Mbit up I got: 15694 kb/sec down, 1707 kb/sec up.

Japan has everyone in Europe (except Sweden and Norway) and everyone in America (that is, North and South America, yes that includes the USA too) beat when it comes to ISP speeds. Not only that, but they have the fastest wireless broadband access they can get. 3G that people are clamouring over in the US is nothing in Japan.

The Japanese also get cheaper access to the Internet than others in the rest of the world (comparing speeds that is). I pay $56 a month for my 20 Mbit down, 2 Mbit up. In Japan that would buy me 100 Mbit down/up, at the least. For about $80 I could get a gigabit connection in Japan.

^^ I was referring to it being only in Canada not North America. If you say North America you are saying both the US and Canada !!

USA is commonly shortend(sp?) to America, the nothern continent is commonly refered to north america, the souther as south america, and both as the americas.

At least that's how it works here in the UK

USA is commonly shortend(sp?) to America, the nothern continent is commonly refered to north america, the souther as south america, and both as the americas.

At least that's how it works here in the UK

Here North America is referring to both the US and Canada ...

so what's mexico?

^^ I was referring to it being only in Canada not North America. If you say North America you are saying both the US and Canada !!

For the longest time when I ever talked about North America I mean't Canada, not till recently I remembered the USA is part of that, so I was sorta backwards lol

yes, lord, it is a continent. But when you say North America you are including both the USA and Canada ...

Japan pretty much humiliates North America and Europe with the speed that consumers have access to. Only Sweden and South Korea really are on better/equal footing with Japan's connectivity.

Must be great to live in a small, rich country with an international telecom company.

Ehm, Mexico is in North America: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexico.

The United Mexican States[5] (Spanish: Estados Unidos Mexicanos?·i), commonly known as Mexico (IPA: /?m?ks?ko?/) (Spanish: México?·i IPA: ['mexiko]), is a federal constitutional republic in North America. It is bordered on the north by the United States; on the south and west by the Pacific Ocean; on the southeast by Guatemala, Belize, and the Caribbean Sea; and on the east by the Gulf of Mexico.[6][7] Mexico is a federation comprising thirty-one states and a federal district, the capital Mexico City, whose metropolitan area is one of the world's most populous.

Yes, I am quoting Wikipedia, since even Britannica states the same thing:

country of North America and the third largest country in Latin America, after Brazil and Argentina.

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/379167/Mexico

You are welcome to be wrong again :D.

^^ o.k I was wrong. I always thought that mexico was part of Central America - But it is nice to know that you had to look it up ;) lol :p

So when you say North America you are referring to Mexico, USA, and CANADA then ...

^^ o.k I was wrong. I always thought that mexico was part of Central America - But it is nice to know that you had to look it up ;) lol :p

So when you say North America you are referring to Mexico, USA, and CANADA then ...

No, I just make sure that before I post information I have sources to back it up. I knew Mexico was part of North America since there is no such continent as Central America.

No, I just make sure that before I post information I have sources to back it up. I knew Mexico was part of North America since there is no such continent as Central America.

You don't know everything - it is not a continent but it is there:

central_america_map.gif

http://www.centralamerica.com/

yes.. just like there is no "middle-east" but yet.. there it is

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back