Is this a good motherboard?

Smoke286

Smokeater
My computer is about a year old. It has this motherboard:

P4 Titan GA-8SIMLH-P(-C)

What sort of reputation does it have? I can't say I have any complaints so far.

The part number is for a gigabyte MB. Gigabyte makes reliable MB. That MB uses a SIS chipset which is considered budget quality. The bottom line is, if it's stable and has the features you want, it's a good MB.

My MB is a POS ECS, but it has never crashed and overclocks great. I'm happy. ;)

Not a terribly big fan of Gigabyte or the SiS chipset; I've had a capacitor blow up on a Gigabyte board and the thing burst in to flames but it could have happened to any thing. If you want a really cheap board, I suggest taking a peek at EPoX, more specifically the EP-P4MKI-P (newegg link). Better chipset for around the same price and features.

The bad CAPS problem was world wide all electronic components were touched by it ...MSI was taken into a classaction law suit because after the world knew about the bad CAPS they kept on selling boards with the bad CAPS ... you were just one on millions of people world wide affected by it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back