is this a good deal?

Taggert_LOA

Modding Addict
Political Access
GeForce FX 5200 128MB DDR AGP Video Card w/TV&DVI 75.00 plus shipping. new, i year warranty. reason i ask is my mobo only supports 4x agp and i would like to upgrade my card.

75 what? (£, $, ¥, etc) We need to know where you are :)

For what purpose?

For what purpose will you need the card, this card is fast approaching
the bottom of the pile as graphics cards go!

If required for games always go for the most expensive you can possibly
afford.

If just for desktop applications, then fine go for it!

Does anyone notice the difference between AGP 4x and 8x anyway!

An 8X AGP will run on your mobo anyway.

Ezergeezer said:
For what purpose will you need the card, this card is fast approaching
the bottom of the pile as graphics cards go!

If required for games always go for the most expensive you can possibly
afford.

If just for desktop applications, then fine go for it!

Does anyone notice the difference between AGP 4x and 8x anyway!

An 8X AGP will run on your mobo anyway.

Duh you buy the best value card that's within your budget. Expensive aint always the best.

Best Value?

No point buying best value 'Voodoo 2 card', if you want to play Half Life 2
is there duh.

True, expensive aint always the best, but they're pretty damn close.

Also probably true to say that, whatever card you get, wont run next weeks new game anyway.

Voodoo 2? I have a boxed unused Voodoo PCI 4/5 if you wanna make me an offer?

Huh

No thanks, I'll stick with my Geforce 4 ti4200, it still cuts the mustard at the
moment on the games I play COD, SOF2, MOHAA, etc

my motherboard only supports 4x agp. i have a mobo that uses RDRAM. so i am going with a card that says it 4x/8x compatible. i do have a warranty and want to keep it so i am playing it safe. the only games i really play are madden and tiger woods.
i play everything else on my PS2.

even so it is not a good deal - for a good deal on a card like that I would be hoping to see $60 or lower... the warrabnty will be irrelevant and it is known this card is right down there - never was value for money - often used by OEMs to trim money on builds - it was the first thing I upgraded from in my machine (9700 pro now, OK 8x I know) anyway, my feeling is it should be possible to better that deal. Whether you can or not I do not know - but if not IMHO opinion dave your money and upgrade mobo and graphics in one go - maybe?

i would have to agree with Mainframeguy this is a very low budget card i could pick up that card here in canada for $70.00 so u should of got it for $60.00 or lower..

i did upgrade the motherboard. i went from a dell motherboard to a intel D850GB which supports my RDRAM. I want a better card. i need a card that supports 4x agp. i am not going to assume that all do. cause when you do that you make an ass-u-me.
any help in this area would be greatly appreciated. Nvidia only, price between 100.00-200.00 dollars with DVI. US currency.

an fx5200 will roughly = the performance of your current gf3 ti200. so no its not a good deal. to actually UPgrade your card your going to have to look at least fx5700 ultra / 9600xt and up.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back