Is this a good deal?

wingman411

OSNN Senior Addict
I currently have a ATI AIW Radeon 32mb AGP video card and I am looking for a new card. Is this a good card?

Video Cards AGP 256 MB 8x
XFX GeForce FX 5200 256MB DDR 8X AGP w/ TV & DVI

Item No. P450-8503

PRICE: $119.99
LESS REBATE: - $20.00

FINAL PRICE: $99.99*
Quantity
IN STOCK

*Price after a $20 mail-in rebate.

The World’s First 256MB Video Card Under $100.00USD!
The GeForce FX 5200 GPUs deliver best-in class performance and features at a great price. Experience cinematic-quality effects and studio-quality color, and the industry-leading performance and rock-solid driver stability you expect from NVIDIA.

The only DirectX 9 compatible GPUs in their class, the 5200 models are engineered for compatibility with the latest gaming and multimedia software.

The NVIDIA® GeForce FX family of GPUs ushers in a new era of graphics and gaming. With a GeForce FX powering your graphics experiences, you can run applications and games at higher resolutions and at speeds never before possible. Whether you're a bleeding-edge gamer who desires the most advanced gaming technology available, or a PC user in search of the perfect combination of power, performance, and value—GeForce FX top-to-bottom solutions deliver.

NVIDIA GeForce FX5200 Specifications
GPU nVidia GeForce FX 5200
Memory 256MB DDR
Core Clock 250 MHz
Memory Clock 400 MHz
Memory Bandwidth 6.4GB/sec.
RAMDAC Dual 350 MHz
Fill Rate 1 Billion texels/sec.
Vertices per Second 63 Million
Bus Type AGP 8X
OS Support Windows® 95, 98, ME, NT, 2000, XP or LINUX
Ports VGA, TV/S-Video Out & DVI Output

CineFX EngineLearn More
Powers cinematic effects beyond imagination. With advanced vertex and pixel shader capabilities, stunning and complex special effects are possible. In addition, increased horsepower delivers faster and smoother gameplay.

High-Precision GraphicsLearn More
By combining the incredible dynamic range of today's state-of-the-art 3D motion pictures with 128-bit studio-precision color, the GeForce FX GPUs bring you the industry’s best image quality for the most demanding applications.

AGP 8XLearn More
Provides double the bandwidth of AGP 4X—2.1GB/sec. vs. 1.1BG/sec. AGP 8X enables more complex models and detailed textures, creating richer and more lifelike environments. Uninterrupted data flow allows for smoother video streaming and faster, more seamless gameplay.

nView Multi-display Technology Learn More
The nView hardware and software technology combination delivers maximum flexibility for multi-display options, and provides unprecedented end-user control of the desktop experience. NVIDIA GPUs are enabled to support multi-displays, but graphics cards vary.

Digital Vibrance Control (DVC)Learn More
Allows the user to adjust color controls digitally to compensate for the lighting conditions of their workspace, in order to achieve accurate, bright colors in all conditions.

DVI SupportLearn More
Able to drive the industry's largest and highest resolution flat-panel displays with up to 1600x1200 resolution.

Manufactured by: XFX
Manufacturer Part No: PVT34KUA

personally speaking... no... I dun like the 5200 series personally...

specially not for the supposed dx9 features...

also agp 4x - 8x == 0 difference in actual performance...

for the price it is a good card... for a little more money you can get the gf4 ti 4200... a better all around performer...

also... the 256mb makes no difference to this cards performance per se... you may be better off buying the 128mb 5200ultra instead...

oh that reminds me :)

don't buy the 5200 non-ultra if you can help it... the ultra is a FAR better card...

I like the AIW cards, but I heard the aiw 8500 card is not that good. The aiw 9000 series is what i want if the price comes down.

Originally posted by wingman411
I like the AIW cards, but I heard the aiw 8500 card is not that good. The aiw 9000 series is what i want if the price comes down.

8500 > 9000 ... :)

just fyi...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back