Is there ATI AIW Support on Windows 7 Yet

LeeJend

OSNN Veteran Addict
Buddy is installing 7 Home Premium on a machine and the ATI AIW does not work with the Vista drivers.

The trip to the ATI site shows no option for AIW drivers under Windows 7 OS (32 nor 64 BIT version) driver selections.
http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

Anybody got the scoop on this?

Is there a working AIW Driver out there for Windows 7? its for an X800Xt.

Thanks.

I never had an AIW card before except long enough to take it back because it didn't work with my AGP motherboard at the time (5-6 years ago?), but I was just on ATI's site within the last week and I thought I read that no AIW is supported under Windows 7 as far as the TV Tuner is concerned...yet, although the video card portion of a newer AIW card is.

In retrospect, I'm glad it didn't work because I actually like keeping my components less integrated (no AIO printers) because you tend to get higher quality of individual components, and also an upgrade or failure in one doesn't require replacing the other(s).

Thanks guys. About what I expected from past experience with ATI. They don't seem to be into customer satisfaction...

I like their video cards and driver software, but not their software-encoding TV tuner cards. Of course, I haven't followed enough to find out if they had ever implemented hardware-encoding in their AIW cards.

Thanks guys. About what I expected from past experience with ATI. They don't seem to be into customer satisfaction...
Believe this is a MS issue, not ATi, place the blame in the right direction. :)

How is it's MS's fault ATI doesn't make the drivers/software necessary to work under Windows 7? Every hardware company, at some point, stops bothering to develop updated software for products, sometimes way too soon like for the SnapStream Firefly remote control. At least in that case a third-party stepped in and made the remote software function better than it did by the actual manufacturer.

How is it's MS's fault ATI doesn't make the drivers/software necessary to work under Windows 7? Every hardware company, at some point, stops bothering to develop updated software for products, sometimes way too soon like for the SnapStream Firefly remote control. At least in that case a third-party stepped in and made the remote software function better than it did by the actual manufacturer.

In order to get 7 to have all those fancy visual effects and whatnot MS has drawn a line in the sand, "old" tech is on the other side of that line. Even if ATi wanted to make drivers they couldn't make it work as the hardware just doesn't meet the spec.

*edit* - Remember MS is trying to push DirectX 10/11 and "Windows Live" games.

Last edited:
ati could make it work they dont want too, because they are also pushing you to buy a new card ;)

Old video cards don't work with the latest visual effects because they just aren't capable of keeping up, but they still work with Windows 7 - just not looking as nice. MS has nothing to do with ATI not making updated drivers for their AIW series, or for their older video cards.

I actually agree with Dark Atheist this time. :) ATI could make it work if they wanted to.

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back