Is there anyway to prevent form auto completion?

madmatt

Awesome is as awesome does.
Political Access
Is there anyway to prevent form auto completion. A few of my clients want to prevent toolbars such as Google Toolbar (which many, many people use) and other programs from automatically answering. It also has an affect on the way the form looks.

I am not using common names for my contact forms. Normally the "name" field is "contactformContactName".

Any ideas? Thank you.

No sir. I've designed the web site for the client and they don't want auto complete to work for the end user. I will read that article and report back.

Thank you.

Autocomplete is optional on google, yahoo and MS. Just turn it off. Preventing the user from turing it back on is harder.

My standard recommendation is fire the first 2 people caught altering the IT equipment against company policy and the problme will go away.

for the IE browser: Tools, Internet options, content tab, autocomplete settings, uncheck all. also dont 4get to delete all history and saved passwds. you mightve known this info already but just thought id help just in case.

for the IE browser: Tools, Internet options, content tab, autocomplete settings, uncheck all. also dont 4get to delete all history and saved passwds. you mightve known this info already but just thought id help just in case.

No sir. I've designed the web site for the client and they don't want auto complete to work for the end user. I will read that article and report back.

Thank you.

Thanks Brad for pointing that out. It saves me from having to be mean.

Lee, we don't have control over the end user.

Thanks X for the links. I will look them over and report back.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back