How to Enable Group Policy Edit (gpedit) installed on Windows 10 home

Perris Calderon

dealer
Staff member
Political Access
I didn't write this batch file, it's been published without author so I can't give credit.

Our board doesn't allow bat file uploads, American Zombie solved the problem, instead I uploaded a zip file, you can download that, unpack and unpack it.

Alternatively, you can make your own batch file instead;

Copy and paste the following into notepad, save it as ".bat installer"

Code:
@echo off
pushd "%~dp0"
dir /b %SystemRoot%\servicing\Packages\Microsoft-Windows-GroupPolicy-ClientExtensions-Package~3*.mum >List.txt
dir /b %SystemRoot%\servicing\Packages\Microsoft-Windows-GroupPolicy-ClientTools-Package~3*.mum >>List.txt
for /f %%i in ('findstr /i . List.txt 2^>nul') do dism /online /norestart /add-package:"%SystemRoot%\servicing\Packages\%%i"
pause

You must right click and run as administrator

It won't run without elevated permission,

A command prompt opens and runs, depending on your system, might take a few minutes, when it pauses, hit enter again, you'd should have gpedit on your computer in moments.

here's what it will look like when it completes it's first task;

1545767618352.png

Hit enter, let it finish, when done you should be able to launch gpedit through run, use "gpedit.msc"

1545768494476.png

Attachments

• gpedit-installer.zip
    348 bytes · Views: 324
Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back