Is there an ATI XP refresh rate fix?

V

Vorpal

Just picked up a 9700. I've been with NVIDIA since the TNT1 days. :)

Is there a tool like NVrefresh rate fix for ATI cards, - or specifically the 9700 ?

amazing card eh? ok use this reforce its wut i use works good.

Thanks, I'll try it.

The only 9700 problems I've had so far are:

-Tearing in Mafia (my favorite game now)

-The sky is MISSING in GTA3.

I need to reinstall GTA3 from scratch before I start complaining about that one though.

Since I've been playing Mafia non-stop for two weeks now (on a GF3 TI-500) I noticed a big difference in sharpness and clarity right away. ....hard to explained but it was more "clear" looking.

yup the reforce utility is supposed to work... check it out...

Oh yeah!

That one totally worked.

Silky smooth now - I can not see any tearing at all.

Although you've found a fix I have an 8500 and use the Rage3D tweak programm that works for all Radeon cards you can pic it up at www.rage3d.com.

In an interview with a guy from ATi (also at rage3d) he said that there would be a refresh rate fix in a near driver release - next one hopefully if not the one after - built into the Catalyst Drivers themselves.

Cool... that's really good to know. (thanks)

Even NVIDIA hasn't done that. It would seem an intelligent move. Most normal users don't have a clue about the refresh rate issue, and it can make games look like crap - which in turn can be blamed on the video card.

It would seem to be in a video card companies best interest to include an XP/2000 refresh fix.

it is not nvidia's fault

it is MICROSOFT's fault... if they include the refresh fix and it screws up your computer, their reputation drops and they try not to risk their necks on such a thing

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back