Is there a webpage that acts like a browser within a browser?

lancer

There is no answer!
Political Access
By that i mean, if certain websites are blocked at work, is there a website that allows me to see other websites, like a browser within a website?

Thanks

Sadly if you try to do that you could be sacked.
What kinda blocking software you using?

I was just thinking of this recently, maybe you could use that babblefish site to "translate" your site. I believe it still keeps it open through the babblefish site.

http://www.the-cloak.com/ (some workplaces have caught on to this, though)

Also, doing google searches for what you want and clicking the "Cached" link will often let you read whatever you wanted to read, sans pictures.

Google around for an "anonymizer".

hmm websense seems to be on the ball these days...good luck

If your admins are up to snuff don't even bother.

They can track it all - just cache all the http requests - and you've got everybody's surfing habits. Force them to use a password to go through a proxy and you know who's surfing what. Everybody is expected to 'try' to get where they cannot, but don't make a habit of it. Test your limits occasionally, or befriend an admin that can let you bypass the security.

Hehe, if his admins were like the people at my old High School, he could use any anonymizer out there and bypass em without knowing cause the people are too stupid.

I would suggest just using a proxy, though I also suggest strongly that you don't do it. :p Unless your chummy with at least the admins it's a silly way to lose you job.

zapoqx said:
Hehe, if his admins were like the people at my old High School, he could use any anonymizer out there and bypass em without knowing cause the people are too stupid.

They weren't admins.

However you call them (people who want to tell others what they can and can't do on computer technology). I just call them admins because to me, that is what an admin is around the net (not saying all admins are bad, just a majority). And I don't mean just internet admins, I mean administration in corperate worlds as well.

zapoqx said:
However you call them (people who want to tell others what they can and can't do on computer technology). I just call them admins because to me, that is what an admin is around the net (not saying all admins are bad, just a majority). And I don't mean just internet admins, I mean administration in corperate worlds as well.
A forum admin and a admin you might find at work are much different. ;)

the hardest job of an admin is keeping something secure and running quickly without impacting the usability of the system, some uses of a system are often restricted or denied for the benefit of the user population as a whole.

Geffy said:
the hardest job of an admin is keeping something secure and running quickly without impacting the usability of the system, some uses of a system are often restricted or denied for the benefit of the user population as a whole.
Indeed. You could be putting the whole network at risk. Admin have created rules not to be mean (as most think), but to keep "bill" from surfing whatever because "it's not his computer". What happens if "bill" should happen upon a trojan, or some malicious coded page? Also some employers see what could possibly be a decline in work time if your say surfing forums, pr0n, ect. instead of doing your work. ;)

Oh and the biggest deterant, if for chance you care not about others. YOU CAN LOSE YOUR JOB!

jimi_81 said:
hmm websense seems to be on the ball these days...good luck

Isn't Websense wonderful? I absolutely love Websense.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back