Is there a way to remove the Protected Content of a .wma file?

• Thread starter body electric
  • Start date
B

body electric

I did a major booboo, I burned alot of cd's to .wma files in windows 9 and forgot to uncheck the "protect copy" in preferences in windows media player and all the .wma files that I want to transfer to an mp3 player won't play because of the Copy to a SDMI-complaint portable player not allowed is active.
Is there a way to remove this license from the file?

if it was 8 or earlier you'd be in luck

past knowledge pointed that an connection to internet will get you listening again

but wmp9 owns you

mp3 has no copy protection and is why it is being criminal to download mp3 music

if you went with media player you have to send an email for help with your music collection and media player 9 to micro$oft

let us know how you do

egghead

i think this www.wma-mp3.com can be used to convert WMA to MP3 format....therefore removing copy protection. Please note the I THINK part of this sentence!

I used it on a protected music file once and it worked a treat.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back