Is there a way to lower PING in XP

O

oO ShifterZ Oo

hi guys, i was wondering how do i lower my ping on XP, is there any tweakers out there or settings, what i did was set my coms port to 11500 and i set this string to it S11=50 which makes it dail faster, is there any other way or something i missed.???

What does your dialing speed have to do with your ping???
I'm not sure you can do anything to improve it (unless it's very high due to a missconfiguration/broken hardware).

Ping

Duno what your ping is like but in counter strike i can get 140 and slightly better. However this is because i changed modem, my old one was not a traditional win-modem but still used alot of my processor as much as 20%, having switched to a external 56k i get the above pings. I also find that only running a 433 it makes games run much smother when online. My only other sugstion is change ISP or the number that u dial for the isp you are with. I am with Freeserve anytime but bt who i was with was also a bit slower, and aol do noy touch them all the pings i have seen in the uk for aol where 400+

Hope that helps someone

Hi, you mention something about freeserve, well my contract wit MSN wit gonna run out pretty soon, and i was wondering it freeserve free and a great services??

You can improve ping speed by getting a faster internet connection. That's about your only choice (that will change anything).
/Lactic

You can improve ping speed by getting a faster internet connection. That's about your only choice (that will change anything).
/Lactic

Yes,I agree with you.
When i had ping issue on my Xp,
I improved my internet connection.Now i have better ping rate than before
Finally i checked my new ping using Whoisxy.com I got good results.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back