Is System Mechanic any good

indyjones

OSNN.net Adventurer
I have noticed loads of empty folders and junk scattered about my hard disk specifially windows related. Rather than spend my life cleaning them out manually are there any good programs to clean them automatically ? I have noticed system mechanic clams to do this and i used to use the norton utilities back in my win9X days. what are peoples opions on these ?
Cheers :)

chaos945

OSNN Senior Addict
I've used it before, its not a bad program with lots of great features. Another not bad one is by Ashampoo, but now I just stick with Spybot and custom bat files.

Johnny

.. Commodore ..
Political User
System mechanic is basically a prog with a bunch of things combined in to one. It's not a bad prog. I like it, used it for years.

jan

Aspiress
I used the free version for years and it was great.I tried the pro version and it has an anti virus that will hunt you down mercilessly even if you dont install it and turn it off.

Johnny

.. Commodore ..
Political User
jan said:
I used the free version for years and it was great.I tried the pro version and it has an anti virus that will hunt you down mercilessly even if you dont install it and turn it off.
Yeah that antivirus from panda. I did'nt care for it either - It was so annoying and bugged the heck out of me also.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arrangel