is my vid card going out?

S

Skizoid

Been experiencing random system lockups that are getting more frequest as of late to a point that they are no longer "random" but happen each time I access given software, and I have started receiving error messages when i reboot the computer stating " nv4_dsp module error" which is a part of the nVidias driver set for GeForce cards according to dxdiag. I have reinstalled win xp, downloaded all the patches and updated video and sound drivers (detonator 28.32 and newest sb 5.1 xp drivers) and even rolledback to my old 23.11 drivers, reinstalled the software that was working correctly before but i get the most freezes in now and I'm still getting system lockup each time i run it. Did run the DXdiag.exe and pass the directdraw test but system stops each time on the direct 3D test. Do you guys have any idea how to test the vid card to determine if thats whats causing all my headaches or maybe its my mb thats going out? Each time I try to play EQ or DAoC for example I get to the character selection screen and system just freezes :( but both games were working fine last week and I have not installed or changed anything on my system.

My system is:
AMD 1.4ghz
768 mb ram
jetway motherboard
geforce3 64mb card with 28.32 drivers
sb 5.1 live xgamer
80mb ultra ATA hd

I am having a similar issue on one of my computers! Whenever I run a game it gives the same type of error w/ the
IRQ_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL and always has one of my nVidia .dll's listed. I cannot run any games otherwise this happens. I have updated to latest bios as suggested by the blue screen. It also suggests turning bios cache and shadow off. I am not sure exactly what this means. Maybe someone can help us out. Tried removing some memory but got the same issue...

Asus A7M266 w/ AMD 1.33
512 DDR 2100
(2) Maxtor 80 Gigs
GeForce 3 Ti500
SB Live! Gamer
TDK 32x and 24x Burners :confused:

try moving any cards near your Geforce to other slots. Something is sharing an IRQ with it (sharing an irq is not a problem 99% of times but now and again it is) So if there is anything in the slot directly next to the geforce move it a slot down or such and see if that helps.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back