Is My system good enough?

Murlo26

OSNN Addict
I have never been on this forum, i just registered because i thought someone could tell me if my system can run Halo PC.

I have a HP laptop, it is pretty new, only a year old, its model number is ze5385us.
It has a 60GB hd, 512 mb ram, it has a pentium 4, just before hyperthreading and its 2.66 GHz, and i believe that it has a Radeon IGP 345M graphics card.

I could not find anything on radeon's website saying if this would work with Halo PC, but i think it will, not sure. For halo it says that you need 933 MHz Pc processor speed(which i have), 128MB ram(which i have), and this for video 32MB 3D T&L capable DirectX 9.0-compatible video cardwS('1','3')
spacer.gif

Will i be able to run halo smoothly? Please help?

... yes, now turn your brain on before mine pops a fuse...

:dead:

well since its some øøøøøøø from the uk that replied, is there any second opinion's out there, i just want to make sure before i buy anything.

I did some searching, it appears that this is a memory chipset from ATI, not a video processor.

http://www.ati.com/products/radeonigp/memory.html
http://www.ati.com/products/radeonigp/340mvendor.html

Do you have any paperwork from the laptop when you purchased it? If so, check it; if not, then check Display > Settings (tab)

Mine currently says:
Display:
Default Monitor on NVIDIA GeForce2 GTS/GeForce2 Pro

Once you get this info, it should be easier to find out what kind of specs your video has. Also, if you're on a broadband connection, try downloading the Halo demo to see how it runs. My GeForce2 ran it. Not beautifully, but ran it nonetheless :)

http://www.fileplanet.com/131697/130000/fileinfo/Halo-[PC]-Demo

or just google "Halo Demo"

If you buy the game... place the box on top of the CPU, stand on one foot, and hold down CTRL+ALT+DEL for 3 minutes. If the box glows green, then it will run. Now, stop being a dick and use some common sense.

I'm not being rude. the poster is being an idiot and shouldnt be allowed near a pc if they have to ask if a game older than said laptop will run on it. Sure it wont be the ebst looking game said poster has seen but it'll be playable.

If people are going to ask stupid questions they should expect to be proverbially smacked with a 2x4 until their brains activate.

Murlo26 said:
well since its some øøøøøøø from the uk that replied, is there any second opinion's out there, i just want to make sure before i buy anything.

Way to start off making friends on this site.

Oh and here's your graphics card specs:
Graphics Subsystem
Video RAM std/max: 64MB / 64MB
Graphics chipset: ATI Mobility Radeon 345
Video RAM type: DDR SDRAM
Max colors (with max video RAM): 16777216
Graphics bus interface: AGP 4X

http://www.computercraft.com/sale/messages/245.shtml

I wouldn't recomend gaming on a laptop to begin with but Halo's insanely demanding and it doesn't even run "smooth" on my system. It'll run just don't expect great performance.

LordOfLA said:
I'm not being rude. the poster is being an idiot and shouldnt be allowed near a pc if they have to ask if a game older than said laptop will run on it. Sure it wont be the ebst looking game said poster has seen but it'll be playable.

If people are going to ask stupid questions they should expect to be proverbially smacked with a 2x4 until their brains activate.

My post was aimed at the original poster due to his comment. I'm sorry if you thought I was talking to you. He says "For halo it says that you need 933 MHz Pc processor speed(which i have), 128MB ram(which i have)" So I thought it was a stupid question in the first place.

well for starters i thought i was asking a simple enough question, and that guy was being a jerk, i dont know why everyone is on his side, i mean he gave me a dick answer. Im sorry, but the question was very simple. and yes i know that i shouldnt game on a laptop but its all i have. Just because my computer is newer than the game doesnt mean that its going to run smooth on my comp which is why im asking. I know it will run im just asking if it is going to be playable. Thanks for the people who gave me some good info and im sorry if i sounded like a jerk, but i thought it was pretty obvious that the one guy was the jerk. ANyway, i will download the demo and try it out. thanks.

Ps. Sheepscrok, you sounded like you knew the most, could you elaborate just tell me if running it i will be able to play it alright, or just say if there is anything i could do to make it play better on my laptop besides getting a new comp. thanks

Don't worry Murlo26, these ignorent mofos have their heads shoved where the sun don't shine!

LordOfLA, Un4gIvEn1, ShepsCrook, learn some ****ing manners, why the hell do you think forums like this exist? To ask questions about things people don't know about or are unsure about, not so you can have some egotistical pop at somebody.

Nuff Said!

I don't think that your anger for his answer was the problem. I think it was more that you had to point out that he was from the UK, as if he was an (whatever you called him) because he was from the UK. I believe he was simply trying to say that you answered your own question, yet you still wanted someone else to answer it for you.

Truth of the matter... Laptops have LCD screens. LCDs ghost when you have high frame rate. Playing Halo on a laptop wouldn't be the best idea... it would be a terrible idea as a matter of fact. I'm sure if you turned down all the effects in the game, your laptop WOULD run it, since it meets the minimum requirements. You could then turn on each effect one by one until it just doesn't run right and then turn it back to what worked.

RickyC said:
Don't worry Murlo26, these ignorent mofos have their heads shoved where the sun don't shine!

LordOfLA, Un4gIvEn1, ShepsCrook, learn some ****ing manners, why the hell do you think forums like this exist? To ask questions about things people don't know about or are unsure about, not so you can have some egotistical pop at somebody.

Nuff Said!

The problem wasn't in the question... the problem was in his attitude in answering. Only then did it become about how stupid the question was to begin with...

Get a new computer...... Just had to say it.

Nope, Unless you max out your ram, you don't have much left you could do to improve the game. You can download tweaked drivers for the card, upgrade the ram, defrag your HD, ummm run a bunch of windows tweaks and that's about it. Laptops are not easily upgradeable or at last cost efficient to upgrade.

I'm was siding with LordOfLA because if your computer or laptop is made AFTER a game has been released, usually your machine is able to play the game. I will admit, his approach in his post lacked shall we say... kindness?

Anyway, hope that will help you with your gaming.

RickyC said:

Nuff Said!

Am I not the only one that gave him the information he was looking for? My comment here was not that bad. So why you should be posting I should learn some manners is absolutely uncalled for. I had only commented on his response. Maybe you should take your own advice instead of judging others prematurely

Fair enough guys, but I think your missing the point of these forums. Maybe the guy doesn't know if his laptop is good enough and is just asking a simple question that somebody here could awnser but he can't.

I just feel a bit peaved at the attitude towards him.

I'm by no means saying it was proper for LordOfLa to answer the way he did... But it was certainly unproper for Murlo26 to base his opinion of LordOfLa on the fact he is from the UK. Now, I am not from the UK yet I was still offended that someone could be so disrespectful towards someone based on their location.

RickyC said:
Fair enough guys, but I think your missing the point of these forums.

Check my past posts. As a matter of fact check my past posts on MSFN.ORG, BINK.NU and many other forums. Do a google search for the name Un4gIvEn1. I am sure that alone will prove to you I know the point of these forums. Most of my posts are helpful. I bet you will find few if any posts in any of the stupid threads here or on any other forum that are for the purpose of simply boosting post count... I simply hate it when people do that. I came into a thread that didn't have enough information in the subject to determine if I could help, and noticed disrespect based on location. That's why I replied.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back