Is My system good enough?

I'm from th UK, but I think the anger was more aimed at the reply that was given.

Ok just to settle things i didnt mean to bash the U.K. it is my favorite country besides the u.s of a, but the post was directed at the rudness of the reply. That being said this should be ended.

I downloaded the demo and played it, it said that my computer was below the minimum video requirements, but i ran it anyway. It seemed like it was running fine, but now i have another question, how will i know if it isnt running good, what are some of the effects of it running badly.

PLease just answer the question, thanks

ShepsCrook said:
Am I not the only one that gave him the information he was looking for? My comment here was not that bad. So why you should be posting I should learn some manners is absolutely uncalled for. I had only commented on his response. Maybe you should take your own advice instead of judging others prematurely

Un4gIvEn1 said:
Check my past posts. As a matter of fact check my past posts on MSFN.ORG, BINK.NU and many other forums. Do a google search for the name Un4gIvEn1. I am sure that alone will prove to you I know the point of these forums. Most of my posts are helpful. I bet you will find few if any posts in any of the stupid threads here or on any other forum that are for the purpose of simply boosting post count... I simply hate it when people do that. I came into a thread that didn't have enough information in the subject to determine if I could help, and noticed disrespect based on location. That's why I replied.

I admit that his reply wasn't the most PC answer he could of given but either was the initial reply.

Neither am I saying U guys didn't help or your other post aren't helpfull, it just seemed to be a snowball effect that was giving this guy undue hell over posting a simple question.
I appoligise if I seemed harsh in my earlier posts, I think I'll go to sleep now... :lick:

if the frame rate is good then there shouldn't be any problems. Try getting to an area that has lots of enemies and see how it runs. If it still runs well then I say install the full version.

The only thing that will happen if you run even though you're under the minimum requirements, is a lower quality for the graphics, or lower FPS. No AA or anything like that.

well i tried playing the campaign mode and all hell broke loose. When i got to an area with enemies up the wazoo it was very laggy. How do i set the video settings lower than what they are for the game. I tried setting all the ones in the game lower but that didnt work, if you guys dont have any suggestions then i think its time to get a new comp, pc not laptop with a good graphics card. thanks for everything guys, sorry about the initial bashing but it was a mean reply intially. peace.

since most of you already understand my situation i will post this here. What is the best bang for your buck computer out there. I am thinking dell, because there is a really good computer on there for only like $900 bucks that comes with a decent graphics card and i would be able to run halo 1 on there easy. So is dell my answer, or should i go with something else and buy parts or something. A little direction please?

well... by your response in this thread i think that your skills of building a computer migth be limited. If your looking for a quick fix dell is a way to go.. i personaly hate them so much but thats because i deal with them ever damn day. but they do do for the most part what they promise. building a comp is the best way to get the biggesr bang for your buck but you have to have time to do it. Lots of people here will help you if you go that way. and a great site for hardware is www.newegg.com (the only site i buy from anymore) but there are many others.

I personally love Dell. I have dealt with them in the hundreds. I used to be Dell certified. I can tell you of most of the brands of PCs, Dell will be the best.

actually, i am not a retard when it comes to a comp, me and my friend built his computer just a couple of months ago from scracth, i am an electrical engineer(still in school) so i know what im doing. I dont know why people think i am a retard with this stuff, i guess the question was kind of bad, but i didnt think so at the time, because i was right to ask since my comp didnt run it, and people said it would(ran but lagged bad when big fights came). We actually bought a bunch of stuff from new egg when we built his like his motherboard and what not. But i dont know how much cheaper that could be than dell, because the one i am looking at is only $900 and it is almost as good as my buddy's who paid $1200 to build and that was without software, which he pirated. So i think dell, unless i can get a comp better than the dell 8400 for less than 900 bucks, enlighten me if i can, i am open for suggestions.

I agree one hundred percent that dell and best should never go hand and hand because i am one of the biggest dell haters alive, but i cant beat the deals of dell because i am a poor college student right now with limiting funds and i can always upgrade the pc later. thanks for input everyone. If anyone else has some input feel free to post. thanks guys

good luck i understand making a gaming rig.. but if its halo you want.. have you just thought of buying an x-box.. lol

ive got two xbox's right now, one modded, i am big into halo. I play xboxlive for halo 2 but halo one is way better and xbox connect just doesnt do it for me. and halo 2 has fallen apart online, everyone standby's and cheats, it is rediculous now. But yes i have thought about that.

ps. how much money do you think my laptop is worth, i have all the original software and its only 1.5 years old and is in great condition.I will probably sell it if i can get some money for it.

i may be mistaken but you relize that halo for pc has no multiplayer right.. (correct me if im wrong)

lol...yes it does, it is huge trust me. i would not get it if it didnt. There are tons of people on it, huge multiplayer and you can do map editing, and also make weapons and all sorts of things, its crazy. It is fun stuff, my friends have it.

ps. so you think the dell 8400 would be a good buy to start with then upgrade, but it would run halo no prob right and any idea how much the laptop is worth?

woops sorry i mixed up the fact that there is no 2 player missions. hehe.

eh halo is cool and all.. but nothing beat hl2 deathmatch. hehe

Hey Murlo26, I have a Dell Dimension 8400 with a P4 3.2ghz processor, 512MB ram, 80GB SATA drive, X300SE 128MB video card, DVD/CDRW sitting around here. The thing is only about a month old and is still underwarrenty. Think you'd buy from a private seller?

how much were you thinking for price? And is it new in the box, does it have all the original software, and is windows on it and everything? Give me some more info.and how come you have one and arent using it?
And does it have pci express slots and ddr2 ram(1gb) and monitor, because the online deal for this thing is pretty sweet. Could you just tell me everything that would come with it please.

Would you consider trading it for my laptop? Just curious.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back