256 RDRAM PC 800
40 GB Maxtor 7200 RPM
20 GB Maxtor 5400 RPM
Creative SB Live 5.1
64 / 128 MB GF4 Ti 4200
8X4X32 CDRW
52X CD-ROM
DVD ROM

My psu is only 300 watts and is currently supporting a DVD writer, cd-writer, Athy 2000+, 2 120GB hd's, and a GF4 :p

it's extreme but so far it hasn't let me down :)

Nismo83,
You are pushing it a little with all the goodies you got. But you're not using everything at once now are you? But if you have good wiring in your home/house/apt. and clean power, ie... no sporatic brownouts or blackouts or power surges. Then it should do you well. Question is how long have you been running this configuration? And how long is your up time (Time you leave 'Puter on)? UPS and Surge Supressor are all good to keep PSU happy. Also good cooling and flow of said PSU all help to keep the strain to a minimum. This is my opinion. :)

BTW I'm running a 300W PSU W/Athlon 1Ghz, G-Force2 GTS, 42GB IBM, CDRW, CD ROM, USB Flat Bed Scanner and USB Epson Color Printer. And I do alot of Image editing, Audio editing, CD burning, and Web Page Editing. But also APC Surge Supressor and APC 650 Backup UPS. Still tickin... *Knock on Silicon* :D

P4

Since your looking at a P4, make sure the power supply supports them cus the P4 needs 1 or 2 extra power sockets to the motherboard. All the Enermax ones as far as i know have all the ones you need. (I know mine does and mines just the bog standard 350watt one).

My 350watt enermax hasnt let me down with all the gumph ive got in here.

Athlonxp 1700
Geforce 3 ti 500
Slot 16x DVD
CD Burner
4 PCI cards and 5 USB devices.

In Hardware doctor the voltages are just right!

Clicky Clicky for a quick pic.

Get the Minimum power needed from your MB manual and add 100Watts, get the closest PSU to that.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back