Is my CD burner going bad???

V

Vorpal

In the last 10 CD's I've burned I've come up with 3 coasters (CRC errors or 'cannot read file' errors).

My CDR burner is a 52x TDK burner (which is really the guts of a really good burner - I looked it up one but forgot what it really is).

I've burned somewhere around 400-500 CD-R's since I've had it.

Normally I'd say it's gone bad and the coaster to good ratio will only start getting worse.

But, I also know that I just switched spindles from a stack of Sony High speed 80 mintues to a Spindle of Memorex 80 minute 52x CD-R's.

Is it at all possible that I have a bad spindle (something I've never seen)? It's just funny this started happening right when I switched spindles.

BTW - I have no problem running out today and spending the $50 to get a new 52x burner..... just annoyed by the odd coinky-dink of the spindle change and problem occurance.

Thanks.......................

BTW - I've used Memorx spindles before with this burner and never had a problem.

400 + burns, you done well my man :)

retire it b4 your coaster collection gets a little too large :p

it could be the spindle, cant you get a 10 pack of a diffrent brand to be safe, but 400 burns, the laser lens must be getting foggy now :)

my liteon started doing that, i had changed cd's, got a new writer anyway as a frend would buy it if i was wrong, it was the burner, done 400+ like u :)

Tried cleaning the laser lens with CD disc cleaner?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back