Is my card Broke?

C

cpomd

NVIDIA GeForce3 Ti 200 (Microsoft Corporation) [Display adapter]
Please help me i was running Nvidia 44.03 driver successfully for some time. Now i have got a very bright "solarised " display after uninstalling/reinstalling several times i have present situation of Manufacturers driver installed with a very strange message when i try and change display settings.BTW it is an onboard graphics card. Tia

Sounds like the driver is not uninstalling all the way.

Uninstall your current driver, restart, then Install either the newest Nvidia reference driver from their site, or get a compatible older version from voodoofiles.com.

To check and make sure all the files have been updated,
Go to Display Properties
Settings
Advanced
and then click on the tab with the name of your video card

Make sure ALL the files listed in the textbox at the bottom of that window have the same version. like 6.14.10.4403

If not, something is not uninstalling correctly.

---------------
Other than this or a reformat, I would see if you could swap this card in another machine and see if it still has the same behavoir, that will tell you if it is hardware related.

Many thanx for ur prompt reply, tried all that ended up using driveimage to restore last weeks backup, now loads ok but when i click on settings in display panel it informs me that it was written for an older version of windows and has defaulted to standard VGA driver nevertheless driver is now Nvidia 40.7.2 and i can use it!

you can goto www.guru3d.com it is a great source for Detonator drivers with reviews and archived crap... Try new driver...

got latest driver from guru3d, still got same error msg but it is ok cos i can use it!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back