Is it worth upgrading my graphics card?

Doom

OSNN Senior Addict
I have just this week upgraded my processor from an athlon 2000xp+ to a 2800+barton and I've also upgraded my ram to 512mb of 333 (will get another 512 on a couple of weeks). Now I'm thinking about my upgrading my graphics card. A year ago I put in an asus geforce 4 4600 128mb agp x4. I was wandering if it was worth upgrading to a new one at this time and what one would be best suted for me.

Thank's in advance folks.
Kenny

Originally posted by doom
I have just this week upgraded my processor from an athlon 2000xp+ to a 2800+barton and I've also upgraded my ram to 512mb of 333 (will get another 512 on a couple of weeks). Now I'm thinking about my upgrading my graphics card. A year ago I put in an asus geforce 4 4600 128mb agp x4. I was wandering if it was worth upgrading to a new one at this time and what one would be best suted for me.

Thank's in advance folks.
Kenny

you have a good card m8...

consider upgrading perhaps when the latest lineup comes out in sept or in dec when next years products are shown...

play around on hl2 in the meantime and check out the performance... you should be fine playing the game @ medium-ish levels of detail...

your card in raw performance measures up well with some of the big hitters out there right now... :)

by waiting a bit... you can buy a much better card for lower price as new products hit the market...

I think you should just stick with what you've got for the time being. There's no point in getting a new card so soon. Even though there are 'some' games currently out that requires DX9, I'm sure that your pc can handle them just fine through software.

I really think you should wait until the day comes when your machine does not meet the requirements of the games.

yeah, i concur,.. wait it out, then buy the card you want on sale, or save more and grab a sweet brand new card.

Yea, that card should last you a little longer.

JJB

Yeah & you can throw your old card this way...........put it in a bottle.

Originally posted by Hipster Doofus
Yeah & you can throw your old card this way...........put it in a bottle.

Heh heh. I think I'll take everyones advice. I'll wait till the end of the year I think then I'll upgrade and try to get as much back by e-baying this one.

Originally posted by doom
Heh heh. I think I'll take everyones advice. I'll wait till the end of the year I think then I'll upgrade and try to get as much back by e-baying this one.

if your not playing games or doing anything fancy, put in a really cheap graphics card, and sell that one now. Use the cheap one for 3 months, and get as much as you can from the one your using now, because it too will lower in value.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back