is it worth it? xp?

P

prodj88

hi this is my first time posting here..ok so i was reading thhis reviews and they said xp might not be worth it b/c of all the security problems. i know therers patches and its been updated but some stay win98se is still better. what do yall think:p

LOL yeha i think its worth it cause they keep coming out with new patches all the time

Besides Win98 is one of the worst OS there are. You will find so many more bugs in it than XP.

u do get problem's with xp, but don't u get problem's with all system's?,that's why they came up with service pack's + updates. xp is well worth it in my opinion:D

o It's Not

I recommend not upgrading. If you feel you must go only as far as Windows 2K. If you have no option and must purchase XP, downgrade it as soon as possible. Go to Windows 2K instead.

Re: o It's Not

Originally posted by Drecksau
I recommend not upgrading. If you feel you must go only as far as Windows 2K. If you have no option and must purchase XP, downgrade it as soon as possible. Go to Windows 2K instead.

Why? :confused: :D

If your hardware is newish (less than a year old) and you can find all the correct signed drivers for XP then your system is going to be more stable than 98 and more secure if you chose the NTFS file system.

I'd stick to 98 in all other circumstances.

This is even more important for companies with mixed computer systems as even some well known hardware/printer manufactures "still" have not released signed drivers for their products.

Upgrading from 98 is best undertaken online, using the tools supplied by microsoft as the download appears much smaller.

If you have to ask, you ain't ready for NT... it'll kik ur butt. :p

xp is worth it , i heard soon there will be an update that will not let you update anymore. Something like that...

I like windows 2000 and I like windows xp, and the only reason why I used windows xp is the fact that I can burn CD's faster and it loads up faster than in 2k. But both are good if not better operating systems. If you dont want to shell out the dough get windows 2k. :D

yeah only reason I use winxp is its faster loading up and prettier than win2k...

otherwise its almost the same cept for the sys restore feature...

if you need to go over win98se... go win2k... winxp if you want to get pretty desktop :)

oooh... me love you long time sexy desktop with pretty colors....

oooh la la...

:D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back