Is it possible..

M

Mike521

Just wondering if anyone can figure this out for me. I have a shortcut to Windows Explorer, and every time I click it, it opens in the "My Documents" folder. Can I modify this shortcut to open to "My Computer" so I can see a drive listing and choose where to go from there?

I can't figure out how to make a normal shortcut to My Computer like I would to any other folder, and I don't know how to modify the Windows Explorer link either.

This is using Windows XP, by the way. Any help would be much appreciated : )

By the way, if I right-click on the shortcut and click properties, the "Start in" box says "%HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH%" but I've modified this and it seems to ignore all modifications I make.

Go to your desktop and right click my computer.
then click create shortcut from the menu..

If you want the explorer tree, rightclick your explorer shortcut, click properties and put this in the target area:

%SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /e,

that worked yo yo, thanks! Could you tell me how you figured that out?

speedy, yours couldn't work cause I'm on XP and don't have a My Computer icon. Its on the start menu, but when I right click that, it doesn't give me a create shortcut option.

you do, its just not showing..
Right click desktop
click properties
[Desktop] Tab
click customise desktop button at the bottom

you should then be able to select what icons you have on your desktop.

Also if you rightclick your startmenu icon there is probably an option 'show on desktop'.
How did I find out? Guess in a similar way you found it out - reading it somewhere and trying.
For instance here or here .

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back