Is it possible..

M

Mike521

Just wondering if anyone can figure this out for me. I have a shortcut to Windows Explorer, and every time I click it, it opens in the "My Documents" folder. Can I modify this shortcut to open to "My Computer" so I can see a drive listing and choose where to go from there?

I can't figure out how to make a normal shortcut to My Computer like I would to any other folder, and I don't know how to modify the Windows Explorer link either.

This is using Windows XP, by the way. Any help would be much appreciated : )

By the way, if I right-click on the shortcut and click properties, the "Start in" box says "%HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH%" but I've modified this and it seems to ignore all modifications I make.

yoyo

If you want the explorer tree, rightclick your explorer shortcut, click properties and put this in the target area:

%SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /e,

M

Mike521

that worked yo yo, thanks! Could you tell me how you figured that out?

speedy, yours couldn't work cause I'm on XP and don't have a My Computer icon. Its on the start menu, but when I right click that, it doesn't give me a create shortcut option.

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
you do, its just not showing..
Right click desktop
click properties
[Desktop] Tab
click customise desktop button at the bottom

you should then be able to select what icons you have on your desktop.

yoyo

Also if you rightclick your startmenu icon there is probably an option 'show on desktop'.
How did I find out? Guess in a similar way you found it out - reading it somewhere and trying.
For instance here or here .

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qotipory