is it possible to burn in 5.1 channels?

apu95

Caffeine-->Code Converter
are there any programs out there that can let me burn a music cd in 5.1 surround sound? or are there any rpograms which can let me turn mp3 into 5.1 and then burn?

thx, Apu

E

EventHorizon

apu95, Windows Media Player 9 (still in Beta at the moment) lets you stream 5.1 audio...I would guess that you can also rip to WMA in 5.1 too.

Not sure how you would rip in 5.1, but MP3 won't do it...not even MP3 Pro.

with digital rights i doubt it will let you in 5.1. i know that DB power amp does that, try there. set the recording high, and you have to have a sound card that supports 5.1 (SB live, audigy, etc...)

H

Herkalees

Would it matter? It wouldn't be too accurate... If the original source wasn't recorded in 5.1 (Just about every cd...) then even if you do find software that can do it, it would only be guessing what to designate as rear channels... The same effect as playing a 2-channel source and adding some kind of psuedo-surround mode, like (SRS)-WOW type crap that comes in Win Media 8 and 9. I hope I made sense...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arrangel