is it normal for the 4.1 cats to do this?

apu95

Caffeine-->Code Converter
i wasnt sure whether to post this in the graphics section or drivers. i had the 4.1 cats installed today, and everything ran fin. Silent Hill 2 ran perfectly at 1024x768 without any weird stuff...and for some reason Silent Hill 3 ran like crap, even though i know my gfx card can totally handle it.
anyway, i upgraded to the 4.2 cats this afternoon and everything went nuts. SH2 ran with a really really bad framerate, SH3 barely ran at all...Halo ran like crap on both 4.1 and 4.2 cats as well.

i downgraded to the 4.1s again and strangely enough SH2 is now running like crap as well. it wont run at 1024x768, only at 800x600.

im not sure on what to blame this problem on...ive tried all the settings in the 3D section of the card. even in best performance i get really choppy FPS ratings. what i have noticed, is that for some reason (as you can see from the pic), i have to instances of at2evxx.exe running. im not sure why...is this normal?
any ideas on how to get these games running properly?

thx!
Apu

Maybe you should perform a clean uninstall of the drivers using ATI's own uninstaller (attached), and install 4.2 again...
Multiple instances of this at2evxx.exe is not a good sign...

Attachments

• cat-uninstaller.rar
    119.2 KB · Views: 70
Yeah, sounds like the over-install and roll-back hosed the vid driver config.

I'd use nasty file remover to clean the mess out and do a clean install.

Then do the 4.2 install. 4.2 fixes sluggish responcse in several games that had a problem with 4.1

Howling Wolf said:
Maybe you should perform a clean uninstall of the drivers using ATI's own uninstaller (attached), and install 4.2 again...
Multiple instances of this ati2evxx.exe is not a good sign...

Edit: it seems normal to have two instances of ati2evxx.exe running, I have two myself and I just noticed they're profile related, I mean one is running for my profile, the second one by System. So forget what I said before ;)

Do a clean uninstall of drivers and re-install the 4.2's, should solve your games issues ;)

I always have to use Driver Cleaner before a new install of drivers. If I don't then some weird things happen. As for the ATI services running, I normally disable them.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back