Is it just me... [Rant]

• Thread starter PseudoKiller
  • Start date
P

PseudoKiller

or are advertisers going a little too far. I pay something like $8 for a movie. Another $3.50 for a soda and so on... my problem is I am subjected to ad after ad after ad and I havent even seen the movie preview yet.
I mean come on, I am paying for a movie why do I have to sit thru an ad. The movie is supposed to start at 7:35... Not the ads will begin at 7:35 and continue for 25 mins.
Now I will be subject to some record companies new talent. I will be exposed to their video and I most likely wont like it anyway. Will I see a discount on the movie that will make millions or will I get a coupon for a free movie when the movie sucked and I was still subjected to some lame loser video whos members will make more in a year of touring then I would make in my lifetime??
I am sick of being subjected to advertisers and I am paying for it.

I must be old school... I remember when MTV used to play music videos...

sorry for the rant but I am done with movie theaters...

Originally posted by PseudoKiller

I must be old school... I remember when MTV used to play music videos...

I remember that too,now it's just ad after ad after ad...I get bored and turn over in the end :confused:

I have always said that when you pay for something, the vender has no right after that to advertise.

especially when there is a monopoly involved...like m,ovies

they have all decided that first run movies get advrtisements, and are acting as monopolies.

now, it's impossible to boycott first run movies, isn't it.'

very disturbing.

we wshould be given the choice of a movie without adds that we would pay a higher admission, or with the adds, and pay less

Hell I remember when ya went to da movies and you watched the movie and then the coming attractions. Or if it was a double bill (long long long time ago :p) when the first movie was over, intermission was music then the next movie and a soda was a buck or a buck and a half. And this is the BIG size. :mad:

These days sometimes ya wonder if it's better ta wait for it to come out on DVD/Video. Still some good and I mean really good movies are worth the 8, 9 or even 10 bucks, the headache and frickin commercials. But the majority are poopy and not worth squat.

Let's not forget the drive-in days. One person pays while three hide in the trunk! Lot's of fun there, and popcorn was like 25 cents!

There's still a drive-in in Tucson :) There is also cheap movies... Movies that have been out a lil bit and it's $3 to get in

I cant stand advertisements, period.

I jus stopped goin to em after "The Pin" came out (w/Kevin Costner).Have no desire to go back either.

bah i hate sitting for 30 mins+ wathing crap ads :mad:

Originally posted by Funky Dredd
Let's not forget the drive-in days. One person pays while three hide in the trunk! Lot's of fun there, and popcorn was like 25 cents!

Yes funky those were the days - the local drive-ins back home (we had three different ones) used to have price wars on "by the car load" on holiday eves and you'd see trunks open with five pair of legs sticking out (they'd park the other cars in a field along side the one drive-in).

I've done the pickup truck routine also - cram 20 people with lawn chairs and coolers into a pick up truck, back into the parking space and watch the movie from the bed of the truck and surround the vehicle with the remaining lawn chairs!

Our favorite trick was when they had intermission all us big kids would go ride the swings in the playground by the snackbar!!

Oh almost forgot - how many speaker cords have you seen ripped off the posts because folks forgot to remove the speakers??

Yes - thanks for the memories funky:cool:

Satellite Telly is even more of a rip-off!!

You not only pay for the "pay-per-view" movie, but you gotta pay for the channel package in the first place that hosts it. Pay for the equipment to decode the channels, pay a subscription fee to the service itself, and to top it all off, we get 3 ad-breaks in 30 mins? WTF!!!??

Other channels have re-run repeats that we paid for the 1st time round.

Anyone in the UK get "FilmFour"?
Everything they show has to be at least 10 years old and they still have the nerve to ask for a subscription fee.

Losers lol!

Wonder how long it will be before you go to play a tune, and have to sit throught the "sponsor's messages"

The only way I know how to communicate my disgust w/these people is with my feet and with my pocketbook. I will not patronige them. You think I lose? Lose what? Entertainment? Hah! I got better things to do w/my time!

The only good thing about the BBC is no ads,but we're paying a ridiculously priced licence fee for that priviledge.

I don't have Satellite Telly Erbmaster I have Freeview.It's not brilliant but atleast it's free :)
I don't wanna pay to watch repeat after repeat.

Originally posted by Funky Dredd
DY, I'm sure you have one of those speakers ;)

No I don't - I always backed up and left them hanging on the post - in the hopes they'd repair it!

Not too long ago, I read about someone suing a certain theater chain for showing advertisements past the time when the movie was scheduled to start. I'm not sure what came of it, but I'll try to find that story later and link it here.

I watched National Geographic on friday night and they were running this show about movie theaters and such. Well someone is actually going to build a digital drive-in movie theatre. That would be awesome :)

Adverts are always the best at the cinema.

You get the ones with the highest budgets, gary oldman the devil etc.

The one where the guy cleans his flat with his tongue cos his missus is spilling beer everywhere.. . normal tv has the can empty when she comes to pour beer over herself at the cinema.. .FRUSTATION, cinema has her pouring beer over herself... SATISFACTION ;)

Originally posted by Evil Marge
The only good thing about the BBC is no ads,but we're paying a ridiculously priced licence fee for that priviledge.

I don't have Satellite Telly Erbmaster I have Freeview.It's not brilliant but atleast it's free :)
I don't wanna pay to watch repeat after repeat.

Hey Marge, I've been thinking about saclking ntl telly, and getting Freeview.

Do you recommend a good decoder as I don't have a digital telly?

Also is the content good? Is it worth the change? (I still like things like Sci-Fi channel etc but not willing to pay ntl's prices for them.)

Sorry for being a bit off topic, but no Hijack intended :) ;)

Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back