Is fanboyism on the decline?

Petros

Thief IV
Here at OSNN, we seem to have a great collection of people who are above the fray--most of us seem to make educated decisions about the hardware we buy, the browsers and applications we use, and the operating systems we have installed. Most of the people who say "I'm at ATI (or NVidia) kind of person" are just doing it in fun. In 2001, it was rare to see any hardware/gaming forum on the internet argue with any amount of objectivity.

What is pushing these borders back? Education? Apathy? I don't know, but I like it.

P.S. Sorry about the blogish post. They annoy me, too.

In 2001 I was 14, and I'll make a wild claim that the average poster was aroung 14-25, and forums were generally a new thing.

I think people have just become more mature... :p

Also I think that OSNN benefits from having a small group of posters that just post a lot, so we tend to get along.

P.S. I love blogish posts.

well I'm 25 now and have been following osnn in its various incarnations since I was 18/19. I've usually bought the hardware that gave me the most performance for the money I spent.

This means I've flip-flopped between intel and amd, nvidia and ati.

My recent purchase has been an intel core 2 duo e6700 as an upgrade from an amd athlon 64 3500+. Next upgrade will be an ATI vga card. After that I'll wait a year or two and see who offers me the most for my money and the cycle goes on.

IMO thats the only way to buy hardware. Obviouslyyou adjust your budget and specifications for the task at hand and your personal cirumstances and priorities, but that should get you a fiar system to last you a few years between upgrades, unless your needs/situation change drastically.

As O___ (GM) said, there is a group of us who have been around for a long time now. We all get along very well. Most of us are professionals in the field.

I would love to see this community grow even more. I think we have what it takes.

I agree, Matt.

It's just moving on from decrying for a particular brand to recognizing that there is more comparable out there.

Heeter

Yeah, used both ATI and NVIDIA myself and been really happy with both products.
Using NVIDIA now, but have contacts at AMD who wanna be my friend :p
So hard!

Use AMD with NVIDIA.

I am saying NVIDIA *cough* Mac OS X *cough* only because they offer way *cough* Apple *cough* better drivers for Open Source operating systems.

I am still a fanboy. Apple hardware. Only one reason, Mac OS X. I have not found an OS yet that I like better. And I have used KDE, Gnome, Windows, Fluxbox, and others.

I think for most people, as Lord said, it's the best performance for your buck. One of my favorite terms is ROI (Return on Investment), paired with TCO (Total Cost of Operation).

Yeah, I'm a dork, I know :smoker: :cool:

FANBOYZ ROCK!!

INTEL ALL THE WAY!!

AMD licks BALLZACK!!!

*runs*

of course I am just kidding, lest see who gets worked up... heh

I am still a fanboy for GM

I hate ford besides there 78-79 f series trucks/broncos

Otherwise screw ford and there pieces of crap

Also...ATI and AMD for lifezzzzzzzzzz haha

I am still a fanboy for GM

I hate ford besides there 78-79 f series trucks/broncos

Otherwise screw ford and there pieces of crap

Also...ATI and AMD for lifezzzzzzzzzz haha

Umm.. I think they were mainly talking IT and PCs... :rolleyes:

**Whacks Tittles with an old PC133 DIMM**:dead:

haha

i know but i was just making an example

GM own ford? haha yeah ****ing right. If that happend I would kill myself.

Here is a list to help you out lord :p

Rolls Royce Daimler/Chrysler owns:
-AMC (brand discontinued -- Chrysler bought AMC primarily for the Jeep brand which was owned by AMC)
-Chrysler
-Dodge
-Eagle (brand discontinued)
-Hyundai (Daimler/Chrysler only owns 10% --13 May 04 changes!)
-Jeep
-Maybach
-Mercedes-Benz
-Plymouth (brand discontinued)
-Smart
Fiat owns:
-Alfa Romeo
-Ferrari
-Fiat
-Lancia
-Maserati
Ford owns:
-Aston Martin
-Ford
-Jaguar
-Land Rover (bought from BMW)
-Lincoln
-Mazda (Ford owns 33% of Mazda)
-Mercury
-Volvo cars
Fuji Heavy Industries owns:
-Subaru
General Motors owns:
-Buick
-Cadillac
-Chevrolet
-Daewoo (GM owns 44%)
-Fiat (GM has decided to divorce itself from Fiat as of Feb '05, but will retain 10% ownership.)
-GMC
-Holden
-Hummer
-Oldsmobile (brand discontinued)
-Opel
-Pontiac
-Saab
-Saturn
-Suzuki (2.5%, from 20%)
-Vauxhall
Honda owns:
-Acura
-Honda
Hyundai owns:
-Hyundai
-Kia
Isuzu owns:
-Isuzu
(Mitsubishi Corp., Itochu Corp. and Mizuho Corporate Bank owns part of Isuzu.)
Nissan owns:
-Infiniti
-Nissan
-Renault (Nissan owns 15%)
PSA Peugeot Citroen owns:
-Citroen
-Peugeot
Porsche owns:
-Porsche
-VW (20%)
Renault owns:
-Nissan (Renault owns 44%)
Toyota owns:
-Daihatsu (~51%)
-Fuji Heavy Industries -- Subaru (Toyota owns ~20%. Toyota bought this from GM in late 2005. )
-Lexus
-Scion
-Toyota
Volkswagen owns:
-Audi
-Bentley
-Bugatti
-Lamborghini
-SEAT
-Skoda
-Volkswagen

haha

i know but i was just making an example

GM own ford? haha yeah ****ing right. If that happend I would kill myself.

Here is a list to help you out lord :p

Rolls Royce Daimler/Chrysler owns:
-AMC (brand discontinued -- Chrysler bought AMC primarily for the Jeep brand which was owned by AMC)
-Chrysler
-Dodge
-Eagle (brand discontinued)
-Hyundai (Daimler/Chrysler only owns 10% --13 May 04 changes!)
-Jeep
-Maybach
-Mercedes-Benz
-Plymouth (brand discontinued)
-Smart
Fiat owns:
-Alfa Romeo
-Ferrari
-Fiat
-Lancia
-Maserati
Ford owns:
-Aston Martin
-Ford
-Jaguar
-Land Rover (bought from BMW)
-Lincoln
-Mazda (Ford owns 33% of Mazda)
-Mercury
-Volvo cars
Fuji Heavy Industries owns:
-Subaru
General Motors owns:
-Buick
-Cadillac
-Chevrolet
-Daewoo (GM owns 44%)
-Fiat (GM has decided to divorce itself from Fiat as of Feb '05, but will retain 10% ownership.)
-GMC
-Holden
-Hummer
-Oldsmobile (brand discontinued)
-Opel
-Pontiac
-Saab
-Saturn
-Suzuki (2.5%, from 20%)
-Vauxhall
Honda owns:
-Acura
-Honda
Hyundai owns:
-Hyundai
-Kia
Isuzu owns:
-Isuzu
(Mitsubishi Corp., Itochu Corp. and Mizuho Corporate Bank owns part of Isuzu.)
Nissan owns:
-Infiniti
-Nissan
-Renault (Nissan owns 15%)
PSA Peugeot Citroen owns:
-Citroen
-Peugeot
Porsche owns:
-Porsche
-VW (20%)
Renault owns:
-Nissan (Renault owns 44%)
Toyota owns:
-Daihatsu (~51%)
-Fuji Heavy Industries -- Subaru (Toyota owns ~20%. Toyota bought this from GM in late 2005. )
-Lexus
-Scion
-Toyota
Volkswagen owns:
-Audi
-Bentley
-Bugatti
-Lamborghini
-SEAT
-Skoda
-Volkswagen

someone is a bit obsessive...

heh nah, we were crawling through that wikipedia page earlier to day here at work too :)

As far as fanboyism goes, I'm a fan of "build your own computer" It's incredibly easy.

As far as vehicles go I'm a 4x4 fan and I use it at once a week. Here's the fanboyism: The greatest body style ever and the greatest (3rd generation 4runner - current version looks like a cross between a lexus and some kind of insect) functioning 4x4 (true truck frame - none of that unibody crossover crap - and reasonable width for narrow trails) (former suburban and blazer owner - 1989 last year of the best body style)

sideclose.jpg

Last edited:
As far as fanboyism goes, I'm a fan of "build your own computer" It's incredibly easy.

As far as vehicles go I'm a 4x4 fan and I use it at once a week. Here's the fanboyism: The greatest body style ever and the greatest (3rd generation 4runner - current version looks like a cross between a lexus and some kind of insect) functioning 4x4 (true truck frame - none of that unibody crossover crap - and reasonable width for narrow trails) (former suburban and blazer owner - 1989 last year of the best body style)

sideclose.jpg

I like the 4runners too but never drove one. I like them alot tho

I agree with you about the whole vehicle thing too :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back