Irq_not_less_than

N

Nuts

does anyone have any clue as to how to fix this error??? I've been getting it for ages, randomly causing a blue screen and a reboot, startin to right piss me off to.

this is one of the events in the event viewer
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000000a (0x00000004, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x804f1a9e). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini011402-01.dmp.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

oh by the way, I'm running an amd tb 1.33, 512 megs ddr ram, geforce 3, philips rhythmic edge sound card. Does anyone have any ideas? this crap is startin to piss me off something fierce!

it's usually caused by a device conflict, try moving your soundboard to a diff slot away from any vid or network card

memory parity

i had this problem for a while and finally found out the my bios had ecc memory enabled and parity checking when i didn't have this type of ram. try disabling that in the bios if it is enabled, that fixed my problem right up :)

my big book of kool XP information says:

Stop 0x0000000A or IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

A kernel-mode process or driver attempted to access a memory location without authorization. This Stop error is typically caused by faulty or incompatible hardware or software. The name of the offending device driver often appears in the Stop message and can provide an important clue to solving the problem. If the error message points to a specific device or category of devices, try removing or replacing devices in that category. If this Stop message appears during Setup, suspect an incompatible driver, system service, virus scanner, or backup program.

hope this points you in the right direction

I had this problem. I found out that hundreds of people who had Blackice defender installed had the same problem, if you have ANY version I don't care what BlackIce says, it will cause that stupid IRQL error. If you have blackice that's what it is. If you don't have blackice than good luck finding out whats wrong.

Morsmortis

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back