IRQ tweak

E

EMPIRETANK

i remember when i had win 98 that i used to add memory to my ethernet card by using an IRQ tweak... adding a line IRQ09=4096 into system.ini... but will this work in win xp?

There is a IRQ tweak to add priority but not memory per se...and the trick is counter effective, it only works if your having a problem with the device. if your not having a problem it can just slow down other devices. why would you want to add memory to your ethernet card?

well i like to host games online... and i heard it helps to add memory to your ethernet card... some people had good results...

well your right..I looked it up...it looks like the tweak would be useful if you had low ram or alot of programs running or a slow processor, but hey who knows give it a shot

thanks waldo for the link

IRQ Setting for XP

HKLM\SYSTEM\CCS\Control\PriorityControl\IRQ8Priority=DWORD:1

You can set any value, such as IRQ 9, IRQ 10, etc.

IRQ8 is the system cmos timer. Setting it to a priority of "1"
will provide your bios with the most active control over your
device steering.

Give it a shot. Gave my machine a boost..

DONT DO THIS CONFIG ON COMPAQ SERVERS.

Works everywhere else.

-Justin

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back