IRQ Problem

F

Fhuising

I got a problem with an error I get when I shutdown my pc.

I am running Windows XP on my system and after I used my pc for a while I always get an error screen when I shutdown.

The Error is:

"multiple IRQ Complete Requests"

and it then hangs on the annoying blue screen.

My system configuration is as follows:

AMD XP 1600+
512 MB DDR Ram
ASUS A7V266 Motherboard
Maxtor 60 G HDD
Geforce 2 GTS 64 MB Deluxe
DVD Drive & Plextor CD-Writer
Sound Blast Live 5.1
Network Card

If any one knows a solution to my problem, feel free to help out!

Thanx
Fhuising

1) Did you install and CDR software? There is a notorious problem with EZCD creator and WinXP. If you installed DirectCD, unsintall it and reboot.

2) Try swapping card slots on your cards. Since you only have a LAN and soundcard, it souldnt take you long to track thi one down, if it isnt caused by software.

Keep us posted and well get it taken care of. :eek:

Go to Sart, Accessories, System Tools, System Information. In the tree on the left open up "Hardware Resources," and then "IRQs." See which devices are using the same IRQ and move whatever card is sharing with something else...or try going to "Conflicts/Sharing," and see without having to search what devices are being shared. (I really don't know why, but I have my USB controllers, my Graphics Card, my NIC, and my Sound Card with the same IRQ).

I'll go checking and trying it out. But the weird part is that when I shutdown my pc almost right after I started it up, it doesn't give me the error.

Thanx For the Replies

Fhuising

I currently got another problem with my hdd drive, so I have to get a new one tomorrow, that way I get to install a clean version of Windows XP and this might solve the problems.........

If it doesn't I'll post another message,

Fhuising :rolleyes:

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back