Irish-Italian?

L

Lee

I again was listening to the radio (I listen to the radio all day and all night it is on 24hours btw) a lady with a Canadian accent, living in the USA was speaking about Iraq.

The presenter mentioned about her fellow countrymen/women and their views.
This is not the point, I will post that below.

The Point

She then replied in a deep Canadian accent, 'me, as an Irish-Italian' have a different point of view......We saved 50 million form evil Saddam......

My question is, if you're born and raised in a particular country, why do I get the feeling you are not loyal to that Country and are putting down people saying you're blah blah even though you were born and bred there.

We have the same crap also in the UK, even people older than me, born here call themselves Pakistani, or Irish or Jamaican etc...

I wish I could understand why these people come out with such humour!

Common complaint in America, their identity is tied to their race...now if you asked what nationality they were..they'd probably be confused :p Me? Ima Irish-Japanese-French/Indian-Italian person who confuses the hell out of people. I am just an American (proudly)

Maybe they want to be in a different culture so they practice it and then call themselfs it? unno

Me I am English proud also. My parents came from French-Canadian-Northern Irish-Italian-Spanish-Red-Indian-Hindu-Indian and a bit of Cornish thrown in.

I just don't get it. When will it end?

Hawaiian would look nice, those women got nice butts!

The ones on Hawaii-5-O did :)

I am North American. :)

Native American and Hispanic (Mexican descent)... So I am all American. :D

Bet you make a great chilli!

I forget to add, we could be related, my Mums father was French-Canadian with Red indian mixed in!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back